TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're getting lots of recordings for content that does not appear in the one pass and we have suggestion recording turned off. It started with two Japan channels and now CSPAN-1 and 2. There in odd increments like :15 and :20 and there are many many entries in the todo list. We have to manually delete each todo entry or it causes tuner conflicts on the stuff we want to record. No manual recordings either.

Its like the thing got a virus.

Any way to clear up this mess (Tivo closed for the weekend).

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Looks like this is happening to a lot of people right now:

·
Registered
116 Posts
They look like One Pass recordings with the Double-Check-Mark. Yet, when you look at the individual recordings, they appear to be manual recordings, Then when I select Upcoming, it indicates the recording is "Former Nato Allied Commander Discusses....". Again, very strange that they also attempt to record the same channel and program on all tuners, which should never happen. It does look hacker like. Who and where is TiVo outsourcing their programming? The same folks that can't fix out of home streaming after 9 months!

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same here, all phantom CSPAN-1 or CSPAN-2 recordings of odd, short lengths. Did the clear program info/todo list, initially OK but later that day the phantom recordings returned (just as @merggy reported). I tried disabling the channels for those phantom recordings, and upon checking (today) the original recordings are gone, but replaced by a new set of recordings for the alternate CSPAN-1 and -2 channels. I'm disabling those right now to see what happens, but this is definitely a problem with, uh, something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just commented in the original thread. I'm getting bursts of To-Do List entries for the same time/channel. A Japanese channel and now two C-SPAN channels. By bursts I mean 5x entires followed by a 6th with a Red X stating "Conflicts with 6 other shows". Happening several times a day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me too! Just got a new TV & TiVo Edge, set up preferences & One Passes. When I checked for shows to watch I noticed two shows hadn't recorded because of conflicts. Enter the phantom recordings of C-SPAN/Japanese News. As others have said, they can be deleted but come back. Hope someone is reading these posts & comes to our rescue!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We're getting lots of recordings for content that does not appear in the one pass and we have suggestion recording turned off. It started with two Japan channels and now CSPAN-1 and 2. There in odd increments like :15 and :20 and there are many many entries in the todo list. We have to manually delete each todo entry or it causes tuner conflicts on the stuff we want to record. No manual recordings either.

Its like the thing got a virus.

Any way to clear up this mess (Tivo closed for the weekend).
Same issue...looks like TIVO downloaded a bad software file. Don't believe it can be fixed till they fix their hardware download

·
Registered
420 Posts
Same issue here with both my Bolts. Suddenly started recording all C-Span channels on its own. I have removed all C-Span channels from my channel guide and canceled all "to do" recordings. Will check tomorrow to see if they have returned. Very annoying and is eating up a lot of drive space.

·
tabasco rules
16,586 Posts
others reported success by unchecking (de-selecting) the channels in the guide that are recording (usually c-span) then reboot as a workaround until a permanent fix is issued.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Removing all C-Span channels from the channel list (unchecking them) appears to have worked. Nothing new in my To Do list today and no C-Span channels were recorded over night. Also, we have two Bolts and one Premiere and we're with Comcast Cable. Only the Bolts were affected by this phenomenon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Removing all C-Span channels from the channel list (unchecking them) appears to have worked. Nothing new in my To Do list today and no C-Span channels were recorded over night. Also, we have two Bolts and one Premiere and we're with Comcast Cable. Only the Bolts were affected by this phenomenon.
Agree...removed five channels from list and no new recordings on two Tivo Bolts...Hope Tivo support learns not to revise software and go away on a holiday weekend

1 - 17 of 17 Posts