TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Edge started having this issue the night of July 4th. There is also a thread in the Bolt thread of this forum that some Bolt users are experiencing the same issue. If my Edge has any kind of Internet connected, it will re-boot. If you leave the Internet connected, it will loop and re-boot. You will see the "Starting Up" screen but it never gets to the "Home" screen. I have tried both wired and wireless networks. Also tried wireless on a completely different network (cell phone hotspot), so it's nothing with my home network. It appears to me the re-boot happens as soon as the TiVo sees an active Internet connection and starts to connect to the TiVo service. I have a ticket logged with TiVo and they said they are aware of the issue and working on it and others are having it as well. My Edge works fine as long as I don't connect it to the Internet. My TiVo minis become almost worthless because they can't connect to the non-networked Edge. In two weeks I'll run out of Guide data and then I don't know what I will do...

·
Registered
18 Posts
FYI for those with TiVo Minis - with my home router, I was able to block the Internet access for the specific device/MAC address of the TiVo Edge so that I can still connect my Edge to my network but block its access to the Internet. This has made it possible to use my TiVo Minis in my home with my Edge connected to my network.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The only fix that worked for me was disconnecting from the internet, delete shows so you are under 49% drive space, then empty the entire "Recently Deleted Recordings" (very important!) by hitting the "Clear" button over that folder under "All Shows".
So after doing that, is the re-boot issue gone? Are you able to leave your Edge connected to the Internet and have no re-boots?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts