TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Edge reboots far more frequently than my Roamio, The good news is that it is automatic so I don't have to pull the plug and the reboot is much faster. The Netflix app stinks. I have to reboot one or two times to get it to work. The message is cannot play and happens after a show has played for a few seconds. The Netflix app on the 4k works fine. Either I have a lemon or the Edge software is buggy.
I don't use any apps on TiVo (Roku, Fire TV, and a Google-based smart TV all do a better job) but I have nonetheless experienced this random rebooting on my almost-new Edge, which I am not loving at all, after many years of happy TiVo ownership. It's obviously the Edge itself that's glitchy and unreliable. Tonight it rebooted while I was watching a recording, not even touching the remote. I also despise almost everything about the Experience 4 experience, ugh. And don't get me started on the disaster that is the current protocol for transferring recordings between units (I've gone into that in another thread). My old Roamio is a far superior and reliable DVR.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts