TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55-inch LG OLED TV (bought in 2016). I have a new TiVo Edge (for cable). These units are working fine with each other. I got a Sonos ARC sound bar a few months ago. I have it connected to the optical output of the TV. IT works great, but only delivers basic stereo (PCM).

--The TiVo Bolt Plus that I used to have would deliver Dolby 5.1, interestingly enough. I had to replace that unit with the Edge due to a hardware failure.
--The TiVo Edge is set to Dolby (supposed to pass through any Dolby signal).

I bought a HDFury Arcana box. I connected it to the HDMI cable from the TiVo Edge and connected the HDMI output to the TV and the other to the soundbar. This worked. I got Dolby 5.1 and Dolby ATMOS when it was available.

The problem: when I turn on the TV with the Edge Remote everything works except the TV says there is no signal. Sometimes, if I do nothing, after a long time (around 5 minutes) it suddenly shows input from the Edge. Other times, if I play around with changing inputs for several minutes then it works.

The TV appears to connected to the right cables and the correct inputs selected. It does work after all. However, when I shut down the TV with the Edge remote, it comes back up with no signal when I turn it on with the Edge remote control.

This has effectively ended my audio upgrade program since my user base won’t tolerate the lack of signal issue when the TV is turned on. Any ideas of what is causing this?

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 55-inch LG OLED TV (bought in 2016). I have a new TiVo Edge (for cable). These units are working fine with each other. I got a Sonos ARC sound bar a few months ago. I have it connected to the optical output of the TV. IT works great, but only delivers basic stereo (PCM).

--The TiVo Bolt Plus that I used to have would deliver Dolby 5.1, interestingly enough. I had to replace that unit with the Edge due to a hardware failure.
--The TiVo Edge is set to Dolby (supposed to pass through any Dolby signal).

I bought a HDFury Arcana box. I connected it to the HDMI cable from the TiVo Edge and connected the HDMI output to the TV and the other to the soundbar. This worked. I got Dolby 5.1 and Dolby ATMOS when it was available.

The problem: when I turn on the TV with the Edge Remote everything works except the TV says there is no signal. Sometimes, if I do nothing, after a long time (around 5 minutes) it suddenly shows input from the Edge. Other times, if I play around with changing inputs for several minutes then it works.

The TV appears to connected to the right cables and the correct inputs selected. It does work after all. However, when I shut down the TV with the Edge remote, it comes back up with no signal when I turn it on with the Edge remote control.

This has effectively ended my audio upgrade program since my user base won’t tolerate the lack of signal issue when the TV is turned on. Any ideas of what is causing this?
Ok, your first noted problem, "I got a Sonos ARC sound bar a few months ago. I have it connected to the optical output of the TV. IT works great, but only delivers basic stereo (PCM).", you have probably fixed but should be aware that optical outlets and their cabling will not support much higher than PCM audio (as I found out when hooking up wired headphones). I don't know why your Bolt worked unless you used HDMI instead of optical.

The second noted problem, "...when I turn on the TV with the Edge Remote everything works except the TV says there is no signal." might be due to your not using an HDMI cable compliant with the Edge (again as I also found out connecting my Edge to the TV). The HDMI cable must be v2.0 (or higher, I recommend using v2.1). Even with the compliant cabling, it would take several on and offs of my Sony Smart TV to recognize the signal from the Edge from its HDMI input. My system uses an AV receiver so I connected the Edge to it instead of the TV and this solved the "no signal" problem.

I did not take the time to follow all of your component setups, but perhaps my two observations will provide you with enough leads you can check out. I am attaching a pdf screen of notes on my setup that, although I use an AV receiver instead of a sound bar, you might find helpful.
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

1 - 2 of 2 Posts