TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I something to add but not a fix.

I've been using TTG for ages with complete success. I pull shows to my PC and pull them back to my TiVo.

Recently I've been pulling a LOT of mgeg2 shows to my Series2. Since I got my Series3 all I really use my S2 for is TTG especially for other content... i.e. files I've transcoded from other formats (AVI, MOV etc) to mpeg2 but also shows I like save and rewatch (Mythbusters, Lost etc).

*Here's the new info*: I occasionally lose the connection to my PC which shows at the bottom of the "Now Playing on TiVo" menu. BUT I can still connect to Photos and Music on the same PC. :confused:

The only way I've found I can restore is to go to "Messages and Setup" "Restart or Reset System"

This isn't a 'fix' since I can't stop it from happening and it's not a lot of info because I don't know what causes the loss of connection. BUT it's more info and info is good.

Any more ideas folks?

·
Registered
46 Posts
A couple of other threads on the subject talk about this being a network/network device problem. I'm doubting that my problem is network or device since *just* the link to TTG is gone and I still have access to Pics and Tunes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've had similar problems with inbound outbound files using huge bandwidth kickin my cable router off connectivity but again I'm not losing connectivity completely. I can connect with my S3 beside it AND I can connect to Pictures and Music without any problem from my S2. The S2 just loses the link at the bottom of the Now Playing listing.

The only thing I reboot to restore is the TiVo S2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.