TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Tivo DT for my kids play room but I only have one cable in the room.

All I have is basic (non-digital) cable.

so my question is, will both tuners receive all channels off the one cable?

Thanks for your help.

Todd

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The TiVo DT splits the cable internally. There is only one coax input on the rear of the unit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How does it work with Digital Cable? I figured it had two inputs...or is the 2nd input a RCA or something?

I'm also assuming that it using the RF blaster for the 2nd tuner if you are using digital cable.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
984 Posts
toddeades said:
How does it work with Digital Cable? I figured it had two inputs...or is the 2nd input a RCA or something?

I'm also assuming that it using the RF blaster for the 2nd tuner if you are using digital cable.

Thanks for your help.
You are right. The single coax feeds the Analogue tuners. There is not digital tuner, a set top box tunes the digital channels and feeds the picture to the DT via RCA. The DT controls the set top box via RF blasters.

This means only one digital channel can be tuned but two analogue channels can be tuned. A combination of the digital and one Analogue channel is also possible.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I never noticed that but you're right, you can get two analogue channels with the one coax input. That was nice to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts