TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the sudden my Tivo Desktop server won't stay running. It even stops itself even when I manually click on it and tell it to restart. It's set to start when my computer starts so when I restart my computer it pops up a Runtime error that states:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\TivoDesktop\TivoServer.exe

R6025
- pure virtual function call

I have the option to click OK and that's it.

I haven't changed anything lately and I tried to do a repair install and that did nothing. It's Desktop Plus if that matters. Running on a plain i7 HP desktop, nothing special. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\TivoDesktop\TivoServer.exe

It's Desktop Plus if that matters. Running on a plain i7 HP desktop, nothing special. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
You post Desktop Plus, so I assume that's 2.8.3, but my program location is different. Have you tried Bonjour, and if that's what you are using, have your tried TiVo Beacon?

Maybe you can set the server to be manually started? Since I seldom use it, that's how I have mine set.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You post Desktop Plus, so I assume that's 2.8.3, but my program location is different. Have you tried Bonjour, and if that's what you are using, have your tried TiVo Beacon?

Maybe you can set the server to be manually started? Since I seldom use it, that's how I have mine set.
Yep tried all that just wont accept my login credentials i even tried changing my email and password

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Had same problem yesterday with tablet running w8.1.
I was able to get to tivo desktop by going to tivo.com and logging in there.
Then click the link for tivo online and log in on that page.
Using the bookmark to directly go to tivo online would result in failed log in.

Just checked, now even that does not work.
Tivo says the tivo unit is not connected.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Same here. But, I am curious: what does linking to my TiVo account enable? Everything seems to work.

I opened a ticket with support anyhow.
I would think it would enable push using TD+, but that is speculation on my part. I haven't really used TD at all for years and never used TD+.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Had same problem yesterday with tablet running w8.1.
I was able to get to tivo desktop by going to tivo.com and logging in there.
Then click the link for tivo online and log in on that page.
Using the bookmark to directly go to tivo online would result in failed log in.

Just checked, now even that does not work.
Tivo says the tivo unit is not connected.
What has logging in to TiVo online got to do with TiVo Desktop?

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Probably just a way to verify your password.

I received email from TiVo support. They wanted me to remove and scrub Desktop. I did. I then downloaded and installed from the supplied link. No help. I even tried my email address in all caps.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Odd that didn't work. Seems to have worked for everyone else, including me with pyTivo. You didn't accidentally also enter your password in all upper case, did you?
No, password is lower case and numbers. Also, when I attempt to enter my data, I get a BSC for a long time. I have no problems with using the program, including the pushing of mpg programs. Since I seldom use Desktop, this is not a big problem for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you cant push video from TD on your PC to the TiVo roamio without linking TD desktop to your account and I do this quite often where I download video from the internet and put those shows directly on my roamio via TiVo desktop then all of a sudden it just stopped working and the problem is when you go to File/Link to account it will not accept my user name and PW. And now TiVo tech support wants to blame windows well WTF is up with that hence I lost a feature that was quite important to me.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
you cant push video from TD on your PC to the TiVo roamio without linking TD desktop to your account and I do this quite often where I download video from the internet and put those shows directly on my roamio via TiVo desktop then all of a sudden it just stopped working and the problem is when you go to File/Link to account it will not accept my user name and PW. And now TiVo tech support wants to blame windows well WTF is up with that hence I lost a feature that was quite important to me.
I know why pull is not an option for me. Why is it not an option for you?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.