TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I drop the money on desktop plus, does it really work? I mean, does it really work well?

All I will be looking for is getting videos from the Tivo into my iPod...

Yes, I have other threads about editing those files - but outside of that, how does desktop plus do?

·
TIMELORD with TiVo
174 Posts
No problems here puts your converted files in a different folder and gives you the option to delete or keep the original.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the Pro version of TTG, but after calling tech support was told that it will not work for ANY Video with a Series 3. I can understand it not working from the Tivo to the PC, but it seems that it should be able to send video files from my PC to my Tivo S3.

Is this truly the case? Do you know if there is a work around.

I'm not trying to get around the DRM/CableCard issue here. I just want to send MY movie files from my PC to my S3.

Thanks for the help.

·
No More TiVo :-(
12,340 Posts
codacoda said:
Is this truly the case? Do you know if there is a work around.
Yes, that is currently the situation. Sending videos back to the S3 is closely tied into TiVoToGo, which is disabled. Once MRV and TTG are enabled on the S3/THD boxes, you'll be able to use TiVo Desktop to send video back to the box just like you can to the Series2 boxes today.

So if you only have an S3 or THD, the Plus upgrade doesn't really buy you anything. I should have clarified that in my original response, sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts