TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Witty User Title
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use the Tivo Desktop on 2 computers in my house? I put them on both computers but only 1 computer gets the signal.

Ps. I suck at computer stuff and this tivo stuff, so if you are able to answer my question with detail, could you dumb it down for me?

thanks.

· Witty User Title
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.
As for the problem, Im getting this message on the pc I have in the upstairs.
"No Tivo Dvrs on the network." Or something to that effect.
And this is the pc that I first put the desktop on and it worked fine and good. Then i got the bright idea to put it on my laptop, and now, I can only transfer to the laptop and not this pc. Am I missing some kind of button?
I even tried turing the laptop off to see if this pc would work to no avail. Not that its gonna be the end of the world for me, I just want to figure it out. Or have someone else figure it out for me.

· Witty User Title
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, when I first got the tivo it was through my wireless network and the desk top. I downloaded the desktop to the pc and it worke anc connected fine. Music and Photos on my tivo no prob.. Then I downloaded the desktop on my laptop and the tivo only accepts the laptop and not the desktop pc anymore. And it is all wireless.

· K3SDH
30 Posts
If you haven't done so already, you can "Manually add a server" under Music, Photos & More. To obtain your PC's IP address, go to "Start", Run then type "cmd" then type "ipconfig /all" (all without the quote marks). Enter your PC's IP address into your TiVo. Note that the TiVo won't recognize your PC, but will only display the IP address until:
Your computer is turned on
You are logged in
Your TiVo server is running (not paused)
I hope this helps.
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.