TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I upgraded to the new Tivo OS the Tivo desktop transfer function has stopped working. I was just wondering if there was a fix or do I have to start using kmttg for my transfers. I just find Tivo desktop is way easier to use when all I want is to transfer files from Tivo to my Windows 10 PC

· TDL shepherd
17,753 Posts
Ever since I upgraded to the new Tivo OS the Tivo desktop transfer function has stopped working.
PC transfers do not work under the new TiVo OS (aka Hydra, gen4, TE4, TiVo Experience 4) -- regardless of which PC application you might try (TiVo Desktop, PyTivo, KMTTG).

This is discussed in various Hydra-related threads, but there really should be a sticky thread listing the caveats with the upgrade.

· in the other Alabama
20,956 Posts
PC transfers do not work under the new TiVo OS (aka Hydra, gen4, TE4, TiVo Experience 4) -- regardless of which PC application you might try (TiVo Desktop, PyTivo, KMTTG).
Looking at post 1, all the OP wants to do is transfer from a TiVo to a PC. That still works.

I could: ask why, or please reboot everything. But I am lazy.

· Super Moderator
55,677 Posts
I can't tell if you upgraded the OS on your TiVo or your PC. If you upgraded your PC you need to reinstall TiVo Desktop. The encryption TiVo uses to store your MAK in the registry breaks when you upgrade the OS on your PC. If you mean you upgraded to Hydra on the TiVo itself it should still work, but you may need to reboot everything a couple times to get it to sync up again. The network discovery on TiVo can be flaky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.