TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New Member+1 rank
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Synology DiskStation as a file server and was wondering if a TiVo Bolt would be able to see and play shared videos on it.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,194 Posts
I believe that PyTivo can be installed on it and that's how it can be shared.

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
I can put a "shortcut" into my My TiVo Recordings folder (on a PC running Windows and running TiVo Desktop) to a Buffalo Link-Station, and, provided I have .tivo files on the Link-Station, when I aim a TiVo's Now Playing list at the PC listed on the bottom, I can see those files (and copy them to the TiVo).

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,194 Posts
What I am hoping for is the Tivo to transfer/copy from the NAS without any PC involved.

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
What I am hoping for is the Tivo to transfer/copy from the NAS without any PC involved.
You have to have the PC to be running TiVo Desktop and Desktop's server (which needs to be running for any copying on to or off of your TiVo, even if you don't have the Desktop program itself open), unless that Synology is sophisticated enough to emulate a Windows PC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.