TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone -

Look for a new version of TiVo Desktop to be released soon (most likely tomorrow). There are a number of new features & improvements you've asked for:

* Support for Windows Vista

* Support for DixV and Xvid formats for Web Video Conversions (wrapped in .avi or .divx containers).

* Convert individual shows from Desktop’s Now Playing list at any time, to any profile, by right-clicking.

Don't know exactly when it'll go up on tivo.com, but it won't be long. ;)

Pony

·
Frustrated TiVoHD'er
118 Posts
raianoat said:
nice! thanks for keeping us informed.
Fab, but will it also accompany an S3 Upgrade that enables TTG? Otherwise there's not much to get excited about for us S3 owners.

·
Registered
44 Posts
2.5 is up at Tivo.com. Too bad I'm at work and can't test it now. Everyone have fun and let the rest of us know how it goes.

·
Funkadelic
4,705 Posts
I just rolled back to XP last week. ;) Is the Divx/Xvid transcoding in both directions? Are we still limited to 320x240?

·
352 Posts
TiVoPony said:
* Support for DixV and Xvid formats for Web Video Conversions (wrapped in .avi or .divx containers).
How will aspect ratios will be handled for this new feature? Either 4:3 or widescreen original content converted and displayed on either 4:3 or 16:9.

·
Registered
12,341 Posts
TiVo,

Thanks for not leaving Mac users out of the loop this time... er, wait...

At least we got Series3 support... uh, er, dammit...

·
Registered
135 Posts
actually, has anyone tried running TiVo Desktop on intel macs using Parallels Desktop, or another Windows emulator?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I know we won't get S3 TTG from this but will we at least see TTCB? I hate having to switch to my PS3 to watch video content on my PC !!!! The PS3 is a games console - TiVo's meant to me my Media Server!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
TiVoPony said:
Hey everyone -

Look for a new version of TiVo Desktop to be released soon (most likely tomorrow). There are a number of new features & improvements you've asked for:

* Support for Windows Vista
Will you be supporting Vista 64-bit, or just 32-bit?

--Ted

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
TTCB is incumbent upon the software on the Series 3 supporting that feature, and currently it does not.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
kido said:
actually, has anyone tried running TiVo Desktop on intel macs using Parallels Desktop, or another Windows emulator?
I did briefly and it seemed to work fine. All I really use TiVo Desktop for is the ComeBack feature, so the Mac version with the video sharing turned on works fine for me. (Thanks Dennis!)

1 - 20 of 251 Posts