TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bobeck said:
I just installed Desktop 2.5. Tivo sees my computer and most of the videos in the MyTivo folder. There are a couple of videos it doesn't see.

When I try to transfer a video from the computer to Tivo, Tivo gives me an error message that there was a problem transferring the video and asks me to go to Recorded History to see why it didn't record. The videos are avi, mpeg and wmv. When I look in Recorded History, the reason given for not recording the video is that it can't be found on the computer. The videos show up on the Tivo screen under my computer's name, but when I go to transfer them, tivo can't find them.

I tried transferring from Tivo to my computer. It looked like it was transferring, but when I tried to play it after it completed, nothing played.

Suggestions please!

Thanks for your help!
I have a similar problem, and I purchased the Desktop Plus 2.5 key. I get an error message saying it is having problem transferring the video, and directs me to go to recorded history.

I am trying to transfer Divx files from my PC to my Tivo. I've tried several different Divx files, so its not just a single bad file. No file is transferring...

Anyone resolve this problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
dubluv said:
yes, i did. i used tivo-net, and its free. i also got the error message about checking the recording history, so i decided to try a different program rather than bang my head against the wall tryiing to make ttg work. sure was a fast fix.
But tivo-net won't install on Vista Premium (it returns error message 2869)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.