TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get a tivo series 2 delivered on the 22 of january , set it up and it works fine until today...8 days later. I call Tivo support and am told that I can pay to send it back and they will exchange it OR I can pay $149 for another (refurb, that 10 days ago i paid 49 for) and they will gladly get it right out. I am now waiting for a customer service manager after spending 25 minutes on hold so far, I get a person explain this crap...I ask for a supervisor and I get on hold again..."your wait time will be between 15-20 minutes"...nice...really f***ing nice. :down: they should be sending another without me having to complain..I have 2 and prepaid the service to boot... I am not a happy camper about now...

·
Neurostim Addict
1,451 Posts
Did you have a question?

·
TechLovin Newbie
42 Posts
ALWAYS buy major purchases using a credit card. The credit company will intercede for you. Hope you did!

·
Registered
978 Posts
nickgiordano said:
calling tivo is about as bad as calling dell...just different people spouting the same crap...
TiVo told you to reinstall Windows????? :eek:

Seriously, if there's anything we can help you with, let us know.

The $149 is just until they receive yours in return - right? A little annoying but should be quick at least.

In the future, I recommend buying almost ANYTHING from a real retailer. If it's big/heavy/or failure prone/or easily damaged in shipped (TV screen, disk etc.) a local retailer is best. Most manufacturers don't make very good retailers and TiVo is no exception to that. Also, the company that they used to contract with to handle this stuff recently went out of business and I think they scrambled to bring it back in-house, so right now they're probably not as good as they usually are.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea...but the rub is that when i bought the first one, i got a 100 rebate. it took 6 months to get the rebate...I literally had to threaten legal action to get it...I am not down witrh trustng them again like that.

·
Broncos Faithful
6,214 Posts
I found that when I had a unit go bad after a couple months, TiVo agreed to replace it for free. They would send a unit out to replace, once they get the bad unit back. The other option is to buy one for the price, they would ship it the next day, then when they get your broken unit, the refund the purchase. BAsically replacing it for free. I wonder if that is the offer you got, but oyu didn't hear about the refund of the price because of your dismay over the hold time...

·
Registered
78 Posts
After only 8 days I would expect a brand new replacement at their expense or a full refund including shipping and your prepaid service. If not, I'd do like an ealier poster suggested and get the credit card company involved. Dispute the charge since you received a defective product and the company won't work with you.

I had a Tivo replaced under warranty over at Humax and it took around a month (after they received my tivo) before they sent a replacement. Not to mention all of the phone calls to find out where the stupid replacement was.

·
Coming and going
2,824 Posts
matthewwhite said:
could you cancel and get your money back and then pick up a new one at best buy?

sounds like you're in the 30 day window for cancellation with no cost or questions asked.
:up:

I like that idea.... if what they have offered is not reasonable and you don't want to wait.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck with this. I bought a refurbed series 2 to compliment the series 1 I have had for years.

I went through 4, yes FOUR, refurbs one after the other. It took over 4 months because I would get one in and it would work for a week or so and die from a totally different problem than I ever had before. They refused to cross ship unless I paid for the new one and then credit me when they processed the return.

They did promise to refund my subscription payments for those months. But when I got the refund two months later, no, not $12.95 @ month, $6.95 because the series 2 was listed as my secondary recorder.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.