TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· HD SQUID
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello -

I've been an TiVo owner since the Phillips/Sony days and have been fairly low maintenance with the mothership. All of my units are lifetime subscription and I've paid mostly full price for these subscriptions along the way.

Last week one of my older Roamios started to experience some funkyness which I'm seen before usually indicating failure is imminent.

I called customer care with the idea in mind to move my TiVo bolt which is currently into the bedroom where the Roamio is now connected, and then purchase a new Edge to replace the Bolt in the living room.

The first 10 minutes of the call with customer care was trying to get the rep to understand what I was looking to do....he wanted to push me in a promotion that was not connected with what I wanted. Finally after another 10 minutes I asked for a supervisor. Once connected she again tried to push me into promotions I did not want or need. Towards the end of the call I was told that TiVo probably was not right for me and I should look for DVR service from my cable provider. - Hell of a way to treat a 20+ year old client don't you think?

I looked for additional contacts and found the "Executive Customer Service Form" and submitted my information. I was contacted by another offshore rep who after 2 minutes of chatting started yelling and told me they were in the Executive Office as a "direct report" to the president. I finally told this executive customer care person that I'm not going to deal with someone screaming at me and hung up.

I have attempted to reach out directly to the exec team to see if one of their true direct reports would assist....but I keep on getting calls from the offshore team scolding me for writing to the execs.

I'm about ready to give us and toss all 8 of my TiVo's in the trash, but thought I would reach out here and see if anyone had any suggestions on how I could speak with an onshore customer care director or executive before I sever this relationship.

One would think it shouldn't be this difficult to spend more money with the company.

Squid

· Registered
682 Posts
Go online and purchase a new Edge. Toss the old DVR in the trash. Problem solved.

My new Edge lasted about 4 hours and died. Support was no help. Ended up sending it back. Only good part was getting a refund in less than a week without fighting.

· Tivo Image Master
288 Posts
That old one is like gold. Lots of us have large libraries of movies and videos that aren't accessible by the Bolts, so Roamios are our favorite Tivo. I'd be glad to take it off your hands.
Tivo Customer service is 100% trash. I believe I've never talked to someone that wasn't in Venezuela or India in the last 10 years.

· wait.. I did what?
15,512 Posts
I don't want to buy used gear....I'd like a Edge....just want to speak with someone from the corporate mothership....not a third party offshore call center.
As mentioned, aint gonna happen, you're going to be offshored, this is not the Tivo you remember, that company is long gone.

In addition the Edge is not an improvement, you want to buy used gear, a Roamio to be specific, it's the small block chevy of DVRs and worth far more than an Edge as far as usability.
I don't get why you want a new but crap DVR over a tried and true winner, but that's your choice, in the words of the Dread Pirate Roberts " prepare to be disappointed"

· Registered
614 Posts
I have been able to get help on the Facebook page when the Tivo site was not so helpful.

· I Am Sometimes Vocal
981 Posts
I feel for the owner of Post #1, but frankly, I laughed all the way thru...sorry... There was a time (far long ago) that you actually could talk to executive support. I talked to one person quite frequently (Teresa, anyone remember her?) in 2012 thru maybe 2013 or 2014 when I was trying to get them to work out the bugs I hated. They did fix some of them. They even gave me a great trade in deal on my RP when the XL4 was too slow for me, probably just to shut me up. Funny, a few years later I got a Used XL4 with Lifetime (still working). My RP is from 2013 and it runs at 100% most of the time. The XL4 is full too...LOL. The RP reboots occasionally and eats itself up (I keep a lot!). If only there was no politics or war, IT WOULD NOT BE AT 100%...:censored::LOL:

PS, any estimate on how long this 2013 3TB Roamio Pro might last? I know IT does not like running at 100% with hardly anything in "recently deleted" :rolleyes::cool:. I will be sad if it goes...KMTTG says it has 1558 recordings...LOL

· Registered
12 Posts
I’m convinced there’s absolutely nobody with any qualifications in tech support working for TiVo anymore, just our calls being answered by a bunch of temps at an overseas call center where they all sit together reading scripts and answering support issues tagged by a keyword.

They have no idea what’s going on and can’t ever resolve a single issue! I wouldn’t even be surprised at this point that they’ve taken over the executive offices and are now role playing as they see fit.

· Cranky old novice
9,541 Posts
I’m convinced there’s absolutely nobody with any qualifications in tech support working for TiVo anymore, just our calls being answered by a bunch of temps at an overseas call center where they all sit together reading scripts and answering support issues tagged by a keyword.

They have no idea what’s going on and can’t ever resolve a single issue! I wouldn’t even be surprised at this point that they’ve taken over the executive offices and are now role playing as they see fit.
It’s been that way for years now.

· Registered
4 Posts
I just cancelled my TiVo service completely due to how bad customer service is. The technical support people really have no idea what they are talking about, and the billing support people couldn't even get my cancellation right. Such a shame what has happened to a formerly great company.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.