TiVo Community Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Tivo Central lists congrats to the Chicago Cubs. I was not spoiled but suspect some were who wanted to watch game 7 at their convenience. It is one thing to avoid ESPN when deciding to watch athletic events on a delayed basis but if Tivo is going to spoil on the home page I think it needs re-thinking.

·
I am Groot!
62,750 Posts
I don't know, that's such a major news event, I honestly can't believe you could have made it this far without hearing about it...

It's not like they gave away the ending of some TV show!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know, that's such a major news event, I honestly can't believe you could have made it this far without hearing about it...

It's not like they gave away the ending of some TV show!
It was not a spoiler for me. I am just surprised they started spoiling anything on the home page.

·
I am Groot!
62,750 Posts
I just don't see it as spoiling anything. Unless somebody's been in a coma since last night, they already know.

It's like spoiling the fact that the sun rose this morning. ;)

·
Cheesehead
11,380 Posts
I'm curious, where exactly was this spoiler? Where/what is Tivo Central? Got a link to Tivo Central? I don't see a forum on this site called that, nor do I see anything like that on forums.tivo.com. What home page are you talking about? I assume you mean somewhere on tivocommunity.com, but when I got to that link I am automatically redirected to the forums page.

Anyway, something this big, you need to avoid the internet and live tv and live radio, etc, to avoid spoilers. Not just espn.com. There were spoilers on cnn.com. usatoday.com, etc. Probably the same with the Superbowl, and maybe the NBA Championship. Or results of the Presidential election.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm curious, where exactly was this spoiler? Where/what is Tivo Central? Got a link to Tivo Central? I don't see a forum on this site called that, nor do I see anything like that on forums.tivo.com. What home page are you talking about? I assume you mean somewhere on tivocommunity.com, but when I got to that link I am automatically redirected to the forums page.

Anyway, something this big, you need to avoid the internet and live tv and live radio, etc, to avoid spoilers. Not just espn.com. There were spoilers on cnn.com. usatoday.com, etc. Probably the same with the Superbowl, and maybe the NBA Championship. Or results of the Presidential election.
Press the TiVo button on your remote. TiVo Central is the main page on your TiVo Dvr as it says Tivo Central in big letters on your tv screen.

·
Cheesehead
11,380 Posts
LOL. I just logged back on to say I just realized what Tivo Central was. Not a website. My mind wasn't even thinking of the screen on my TiVo. Yup, definitely see the spoiler there. Cubs win! Celebrate with Bill Murray! I wasn't even thinking about anything other than a website.

I have to admit I've never seen a spoiler there before, or least don't recall ever seeing one. I time shift lots of football games, NCAA and NFL, and would be somewhat annoyed to see a spoiler there. It's really not something you can avoid if you are trying to avoid spoilers. I don't think they should put spoilers there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts