TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Purveyor of Idiocy
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my TiVo's attached via a wireless network, and can access the network fine for updates. It cannot access my computer that is running the TiVo beacon, despite having pictures/music published - I was able to get it to briefly access the computer a few days ago by direct entering the IP address, but when I left the music menu, it reverted to not being able to identify the computer. On the other hand, the computer can see the TiVo just fine, by pinging and using the Tivo-to-go.

I do have zone alarm, but it's set up to allow the Tivo programs access to the internet. And turning off the firewall doesn't make a difference.

Any help appreciated....

·
He's a Smooth Fox
426 Posts
Big_Daddy,
Happens to us all the time - I have no idea why. Some days it works, other times it doesn't. It is still updating correctly, just not seeing the computer. And, like you, Tivo is running on my computer and photos and music are properly published. Also, we can tell when this happens because my two Tivos also lose their connection to each other.

Unfortunately, the only answer I've found is to restart the Tivo.

But sure hope someone else has the answer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was having the same problem. My tivo was updating fine, wirelessly, but I had a helluva time with Tivo2Go.

Turns out that I had Moodlogic software preinstalled on my Sony VAIO (and, truth be known, I liked Moodlogic), but somehow there is a conflict with Tivo2Go, and once I uninstalled MoodLogic, things started working for me.

Other than that, I do not know!

Newfers

·
Registered
174 Posts
Been going through the same issues myself. I went to transfer 24 this morning to the computer from my wired Bedroom Tivo and the TiVo server said there were no available TiVos to transfer from. I reset the Bedroom and Living Room TiVos but went off to work and haven't had a chance to recheck them.

It does seem like it's been really hit or miss lately with being able to see the Computer in my Now Playing List on either TiVo, when it used to be just fine. You're not the only one I'm afraid. If you come across a solution, it would be great to hear it.

·
Purveyor of Idiocy
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.