TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TiVo Premiere XL hard drive recently fried after 8 dedicated years of service. I know because I dismantled it and found the power cables and hard drive connecter melted. I replaced it with a brand new Bolt Vox and now that died in less than 4 months. I called TiVo support and ran through the motions of powering it off, reseating cables, and using different outlets to no avail. End result; I had to cough up $299.99 to have them send me a renewed Bolt Vox (on the way). The only other option was to ship the unit back at my expense, wait for them to receive it, then I would have to wait more for them to send a replacement. TiVo customer service is unacceptable. I really hope they can design better products in the future and put a better support model in place which leans in favor of the customer and not their bottom line. Who am I kidding?

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,219 Posts
IMO, the Bolt line is the worse line Tivo ever produced. The last and better line was the Roamios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.