TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the initial set up, everything seemed to complete successfully, and the Guide content was downloaded and stored, however the Home screen permanently shows the spinning circle, and pressing Live TV always results in the message "All tuners on the TiVo box are in use" - V86. I have waited nearly 24 hours with the same results. The Bolt is configured in OTA mode in case that is helpful.

Can anyone suggest how to find our what is wrong? Any chance that the disk is not working? (That would be a relatively straightforward fix). Unfortunately the return period has passed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. Are you thinking that there was or is a problem with the setup, as opposed to a hardware problem?

Has anybody seen this problem before? If so, what was the problem and fix in your case?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fyi I have performed a kickstart code 50 (wipe database partition), 57 (media file system check), and 56 (SW installation), and repeated the set up, with the same result.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hard wired to a switch box to a powerline ethernet to a cable modem. (The TiVo is set for OTA)

As far as i can tell, everything else on that ethernet segment works ok.

Fyi, i've searched for tivo v86, which turns up a Tivo forum thread which suggests that either a)ll the signal strength could be too high, and or b) it's a SW bug.

(The TiVo is connected to a Terk OmniTV3A antenna via the coax cable which is supplied with the antenna.)

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
During the initial set up, everything seemed to complete successfully, and the Guide content was downloaded and stored, however the Home screen permanently shows the spinning circle, and pressing Live TV always results in the message "All tuners on the TiVo box are in use" - V86. I have waited nearly 24 hours with the same results. The Bolt is configured in OTA mode in case that is helpful.
Thanks!
You will receive that message when the host is doing an update. Possibly the host never finished its initial Guided Setup, or it thinks it didn't. The post to perform the Clear & Delete Everything, while drastic, is probably your best move. If it's still has the error, I'm afraid a call to TiVo may be needed.

Should you, out of boredom, want to see the message, then perform a Clear Guide Data & To Do List. After it starts, try to have any Mini access its host. It takes about an hour but nothing is lost. Your post is the first I can remember that displayed that message on the host.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info. Trying the clear and delete now.

Fyi, I don't have any mini(s) etc in use at this time. I tried the extended unplug/reset with the same results - all tuners busy. I also tried disconnecting the antenna, to eliminate the possibility of antenna signal strength contributing to the issue z same results as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.