TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I’m at my wits end, been dealing with this issue for the past few weeks.

1. I have a TiVo Bolt, it was working fine until I decided I wanted to add an Ethernet cable to my Xbox. In trying to move my TiVo, something “happened” and all of a sudden I lost most of my channels to V52 errors.

2. I’ve had optimum come out, swap cable cards, swaps cables still the same issues. It’s weird, I get the standard local Sd channels (2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10, 11, 13,21,22), but I also get these random channels (nat geo, viceland) and HD Spanish channels (only 2). On the channels I don’t receive, the QAM switches between 256 and 64, the dB switches between 9, 15 and 22, and there is no signal lock. On the channels I do receive, the signal strength is usually around 70%.

3. I’ve followed up with TiVo, they said the issue was Optimum. After multiple calls, TiVo finally agreed to send me another Bolt.

4. I just set the new Bolt up, contacted optimum to reset the cable card, and same issues, down to the same channels I’m able to receive and not receiving. I have tech support coming out on Friday, and I’m going to get a new cable card myself tomorrow, but I’m not optimistic. These are my questions:

- has anyone had this issue before? I’ve been digging around the site and I’ve seen some comparable issues but not sure where everything netted out
- is there a fix for this?
- anyone with optimum having similar issues?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer. I just want to watch my shows again :(.

· Registered
7,682 Posts
2. I've had optimum come out, swap cable cards, swaps cables still the same issues. It's weird, I get the standard local Sd channels (2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10, 11, 13,21,22), but I also get these random channels (nat geo, viceland) and HD Spanish channels (only 2). On the channels I don't receive, the QAM switches between 256 and 64, the dB switches between 9, 15 and 22, and there is no signal lock. On the channels I do receive, the signal strength is usually around 70%.

3. I've followed up with TiVo, they said the issue was Optimum. After multiple calls, TiVo finally agreed to send me another Bolt.

4. I just set the new Bolt up, contacted optimum to reset the cable card, and same issues, down to the same channels I'm able to receive and not receiving. I have tech support coming out on Friday, and I'm going to get a new cable card myself tomorrow, but I'm not optimistic. These are my questions:
Hi Emma,

So the fact that the replacement has the same issue would seem to point to this being a problem with your signal after moving the TiVo. Were you seeing the same signal levels with the original and replacement TiVo on those channels?

Some users have reported tuner issues with Bolts which were fixed with a replacement but would seem less likely that your replacement would have the same issue.

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.