TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a command by command (a la "step by step") summary to copy my original 1 TB Tivo Bolt drive to a 6 TB WD Purple. I have the MSFTools 3.32 devel bootable FD downloaded from post #131. I am a little confuse as to whether the copy command automatically expands/adds the partitions needed to make full use of the 6 TB.

So, I boot up my PC using the MSFTools 3.32 FD without any internal drives connected and then connect my source drive (original Tivo 1 TB) and my target drive (WD 6 TB Purple) to the two PC mb drive connectors (0 and 1) using SATA cables. I am familiar with PC's and Windows but not a real computer jockey so be explicit, I am not familiar with Linux and have long since forgotten using commands in DOS (the 80's are blurry). I have been GUI disabled. I know buried in these threads somewhere is the procedure but I am never sure if I am using the same tool or if the old post is still valid. What is the recommended procedure and commands to get me where I want to be? I thank you in advance.

Also, I regret having upgraded to TE4 Hydra (no PC file transfer). I have read that you can downgrade. If you downgrade, does it wipe out your recordings?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have disconnected all my HDs from my PC, connected the TiVo Bolt 1 TB drive to the 0 MB SATA connector, and booted off the MFSTools FD. I did not connect the new target drive yet. Baby steps. Before the login I am getting error messages, I login in anyway, which works, and then try the "lsblk -o,name,size,vendor" command to verify where my TiVo original drive is and it does not work. See the screen shot.
Computer Personal computer World Font Display device

Did not go further without verifying the drive location. Can someone let me know what is happening and what to do?
Hoping to make another attempt tomorrow night. I know zip about linux so I would really appreciate some input. Thanks in advance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.