TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this in the wrong place...

I'm having problems with an app using the TiVo Beacon API. When using the API on a machine with TiVo Desktop (2.1) running, the Beacon API window (class=TmrWindowClass) in TiVoBeaconAPI.dll is returning FALSE to the WM_QUERYENDSESSION message. This tells Windows NOT to shut down, and also prevents my app from shutting down automatically when Windows is shutting down.

If anyone knows of a fix, or a way to directly contact TiVo developers, I'd be very grateful! Thanks in advance.

TiVoBeaconAPI.dll version is 1.0.15.5310.

·
Registered
69 Posts
optotronic said:
Apologies if this in the wrong place...

I'm having problems with an app using the TiVo Beacon API. When using the API on a machine with TiVo Desktop (2.1) running, the Beacon API window (class=TmrWindowClass) in TiVoBeaconAPI.dll is returning FALSE to the WM_QUERYENDSESSION message. This tells Windows NOT to shut down, and also prevents my app from shutting down automatically when Windows is shutting down.

If anyone knows of a fix, or a way to directly contact TiVo developers, I'd be very grateful! Thanks in advance.

TiVoBeaconAPI.dll version is 1.0.15.5310.
In TiVo Desktop 2.1 and later, there is a "report problem" option under the Help menu. You can use that to report issues to the development team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.