TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried playing tivo files through their xbox360? (with or without Windows Media Center?)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The XBoX 360 will only see other Pc's (the pc's must also be running a version of "windows media connect") I have tried hooking up them both through my network and also with a direct usb connection.

The 360 will only stream music and pictures (not video) from a Pc, It must be a "MCE" to stream video.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i saw the media connect software. Unfortunately you need service pack2 which, when installed, kills my tivo desktop software and all tivo2go functions. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
Use Galleon, if it means tah much to you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just a little fyi. After the fall update you now do not need a computer running windows media center to stream video, But you can only play videos of the wmv format.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Is there some way to get Tivo desktop to output wmv files ? I have the paid version that does the conversion for portable devices.

·
Astute User
17,877 Posts
msaeger said:
Is there some way to get Tivo desktop to output wmv files ? I have the paid version that does the conversion for portable devices.
No. You need to convert with Windows Media Player to import to your portable player.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts