TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Just wanted to report that th following steps do alter the codeset from AV2 to AV1 on the DG910.

On the receiver (except the STR-DA3200ES and STR-DG1000):
1. Press and hold the INPUT MODE (STR-DG500, STR-DG600 and STR-DG800) or the INPUT (HT-7000DH AND HT-7550DH) button.
2. While holding the INPUT MODE or INPUT button, press the Power (I/O) button.
3. Each time you do this, the command mode will toggle between AV1 and AV2.

What I missed after replacing my receiver was really just the ability to control the volume on the A/V receiver. After following the previous steps, i was able tto enter code 1025 to control the Sony Receiver volume.

The downside was that my A/V remote no longer controlled the A/V receiver until i changed the setting back to AV2.

Question. Would one of the Harmony remotes work well in these conditions? I know this is kind of naive question, because I would expect it would. Thinking of purchasing a new Harmony One remote.

Thanks.
See if you can change the codeset the sony responds to, from AV2 to AV1:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-sony/thread.cgi?4020

If your model isn't there, check your own manual thats where the instructions come from in the first place.

· Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to report that th following steps do alter the codeset from AV2 to AV1 on the DG910.

On the receiver (except the STR-DA3200ES and STR-DG1000):
1. Press and hold the INPUT MODE (STR-DG500, STR-DG600 and STR-DG800) or the INPUT (HT-7000DH AND HT-7550DH) button.
2. While holding the INPUT MODE or INPUT button, press the Power (I/O) button.
3. Each time you do this, the command mode will toggle between AV1 and AV2.

What I missed after replacing my receiver was really just the ability to control the volume on the A/V receiver. After following the previous steps, i was able tto enter code 1025 to control the Sony Receiver volume.
Thank you for posting this! Several things I've read said it wasn't possible to change the AV2 to AV1 on the DG910 but this does work.

I just wanted to add that if you use code 1059 on the TiVo Remote, this will allow it to control both the volume and the muting. 1025 just controls the volume.

· Registered
1 Posts
Looking for a way to get the Peanut Remote that came with the HR10-250 to control the A/V Receiver I just got which is a Sony STR-DA5300ES. I have tried all the codes that the HR10-250 says to try. Was wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks,

4GadgetMan

· Remote Czar
4,278 Posts
Looking for a way to get the Peanut Remote that came with the HR10-250 to control the A/V Receiver I just got which is a Sony STR-DA5300ES. I have tried all the codes that the HR10-250 says to try. Was wondering if anyone can help?

Thanks,

4GadgetMan
There isn't a code for the sony factory default codeset in any tivo remote, the only way is to switch codesets your sony receiver responds to, from AV2 to AV1. The only sony codes in the tivo remote are for Sony's set to codeset AV1. see this thread:

Or your sony manual.

· Registered
3 Posts
There isn't a code for the sony factory default codeset in any tivo remote, the only way is to switch codesets your sony receiver responds to, from AV2 to AV1. The only sony codes in the tivo remote are for Sony's set to codeset AV1. see this thread:

Or your sony manual.
The Manual doesn't say anything. And I have already looked thru this link before......don't see the 5300ES listed.

· S2 Vet, TiVoHD newb
10 Posts
Once you changed your str-dg910 to AV1 did you ever figure out how to get your reciever remote to work with it?

· Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

I have a STR-DG800 & I cant seem to get it working at all (neither AV1/AV2 or 1025 or 1059 work).

Any ideas? I hold the input & then power, it shuts off & says "complete". However it still doesnt work.

I am holding the Tivo + Mute button.

I have a regular S2 Tivo (80 hour).

Thanks,
Rich

· Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I have a STR-DG800 & I cant seem to get it working at all (neither AV1/AV2 or 1025 or 1059 work).

Any ideas? I hold the input & then power, it shuts off & says "complete". However it still doesnt work.

I am holding the Tivo + Mute button.

I have a regular S2 Tivo (80 hour).

Thanks,
Rich
I have a STR-DG910 but I think it will work the same. Is your receiver on when you do this? It needs to be off.

1. With the Receiver off, press and hold the INPUT MODE button.
2. While holding the INPUT MODE button, press the Power (I/O) button.
3. The display on the receiver will read either AV1 or AV2.
3. Each time you do this, the remote mode will toggle between AV1 and AV2.

Sony's remote will only work with the receiver on AV2.
TiVo's remote will only work with the receiver on AV1.

On the TiVo Remote, hold the mute and TiVo button until top light is red. Then select code 1059. (Again, this works for my DG910)

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.