TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
国際化 Member
8,634 Posts
Originally posted by ralberts
I have captured the codes for the SIR-TS360 using OmniRemote. I have the OmniRemote.PDB file. Where can I send it or what tools do I need to convert it?
Gary has a conversion page at the link in the preceding post.

However, I spoke with TiVo this morning about the SIR-TS-360 and was told to emphasize two points they had previously sent me for the compatibility list:
  • It's known to be very important that you choose Enter Key: Yes for the SIR-TS-360.
  • The receiver's "IR only" vs "IR & RF" setting might also matter.
Please double-check those settings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Double checked on my box and IR only is set and Enter key is Yes. Still have problems with 10068 in regards to the Enter key. It appears Enter works fine for 10069 - could we map that code to 10068 as well?

ralberts - thanks for capturing! Hopefully this can be updated. Are you seeing the same problems?

Thanks,

Tyler

·
Registered
11 Posts
ccwf - since I verified the recommended settings from Tivo and the enter button is still incorrect can we proceed with a fix? Either the enter from 10069 or ralberts new capture.

Appreciate any feedback.

·
国際化 Member
8,634 Posts
Originally posted by tyrob
ccwf - since I verified the recommended settings from Tivo and the enter button is still incorrect can we proceed with a fix? Either the enter from 10069 or ralberts new capture.
I can request that TiVo check the 10068 enter code. But before I do that, are you sure the 10069 enter code does work for you?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just tested 10069 again and the enter button works fine. Its just that the 10069 code is not as reliable as 10068 in regards to the actual channel numbers.

Thanks and please let me know what happens.

·
国際化 Member
8,634 Posts
I've corresponded with TiVo on this issue. Here's what's going on.
  • The 10068 code is a straight capture and is indeed more reliable. However, it contains a lot of repeats and is so long that not all of the IR codes could be included. Thus, the Enter key was left out as being not absolutely essential.
  • The 10069 code is a shortened version of the 10068 code with enough repeats taken out that the Enter key could be added. Without as many repeats within the IR sequences for the digits, this code is less reliable.
So, I would suggest trying to see if you can get 10069 to work by carefully lining up the IR emitter with the receiver's IR sensor and by building an IR tent to cut out any interference. Sticking the IR emitter directly over the IR receiver and a stick-on style IR emitter might be worth trying. (Worthington Distributors sells stick-on style IR emitters many TiVo owners like.)

Please let me know whether or not any of those steps help with 10069 reliability. If the 10069 code cannot be made reliable enough, then I am afraid you are stuck with using the slow 10068 code.

Again, for Samsung SIR-TS-360 owners stumbling across this post, you must choose Yes for the Enter Key setting, and the IR only vs. IR & RF receiver setting might also be important.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am wicked disappointed that the RS232 port on the back of the Samsung Direct TV receiver can not be used for changing channels. It's one of the features I was looking for when I bought the unit. I was upgrading from a Hughes receiver which DID allow channel changing through the serial port on back.

I have been forced to resort to using the IR cable. It took me quite awhile to find the right code and speed but I got it to work flawlessly.

I use the code 10068 and set it to MEDIUM speed. I also answered YES when it asked if ENTER needed to be pressed after the channel numbers were entered.

The fast speed does not work. It often misses one number and it does not change the channel correctly.

This is a pain in the ass. Here we have a receiver with some great features and something basic like this is overlooked or ignored by one or both companies.

I am hoping that enough people ***** about this and one or both of these companies will come up with a solution since both of these machines are software upgradable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tivo and Samsung SIR-TS360
I am very late to this party, but wonder if anyone ever got the crestron rs-232 port codes. I just bought one of these things on ebay, and landed here trying to figure out how to control it

I got this parital info from another forum, but never saw the completed answer:
There are 49 commands. Each command appears to be made up of 7 hex
words with only the fifth word being different (0x30 through 0x60).
Here are examples of the on and off commands:

On 2A647476490D0A
Off 2A6474764A0D0A

Just looking at these make me think that the Creston is simply sending
these strings to the TS360 to control it.

The file also shows that the serial interface is configured for
57600,8,N,1.

Does anyone have any more?

·
国際化 Member
8,634 Posts
videog said:
Tivo and Samsung SIR-TS360
I am very late to this party, but wonder if anyone ever got the crestron rs-232 port codes. I just bought one of these things on ebay, and landed here trying to figure out how to control it
[…]
Does anyone have any more?
The latest info I have is in the compatibility list. For more info on the Crestron possibility, try the AVS Forum topic linked there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got lost in this thread, was anyone ever successfull interfacing tivo to the sir-ts360 via the serial connection? Tivo does make it difficult as they do not allow changing the config for the samsung from MPG to APG which is what this unit uses

·
Ex-Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)
1,555 Posts
We haven't done any extra work around serial control for this model.

If you wish to change control manually, go thru the serial tests again. The first 2 need to fail. If they don't, try disconnecting the cable during this portion. You can then choose "Manually select serial control". I don't think there will be any change, but let us know if there is.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.