TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am wicked disappointed that the RS232 port on the back of the Samsung Direct TV receiver can not be used for changing channels. It's one of the features I was looking for when I bought the unit. I was upgrading from a Hughes receiver which DID allow channel changing through the serial port on back.

I have been forced to resort to using the IR cable. It took me quite awhile to find the right code and speed but I got it to work flawlessly.

I use the code 10068 and set it to MEDIUM speed. I also answered YES when it asked if ENTER needed to be pressed after the channel numbers were entered.

The fast speed does not work. It often misses one number and it does not change the channel correctly.

This is a pain in the ass. Here we have a receiver with some great features and something basic like this is overlooked or ignored by one or both companies.

I am hoping that enough people ***** about this and one or both of these companies will come up with a solution since both of these machines are software upgradable.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.