TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well I made the switch to HD - DirecTV hooks up the Samsung and low and behold no data port that seems to work. Arrghhh! I tried my old RS232 from my Sony A2 and nothing. And reading this thread made me think I was stepping back in time. What's the deal! My IR seems to work ok but I don't trust IR because I've been burned before and if I lose one of my favorite shows I'm going to throw the thing out the window. I would try the RF cable thing posted in the Hughes GAEB0 thread but after reading that it doesn't seem to work for Series 2 and I have the SVR3000. I was the guinea pig for the Sony A65 and found the correct cable for that so I am willing to do some homework to see if I can do the same for this unit. Any ideas?? Anybody know if DirecTV sells any other HD recievers that work with SA Tivos via data port? Maybe I call back and switch. Otherwise I'll hook up my old receiver and pay the extra $5 a month just so I can have a reliable unit.

I knew I should of bought the HR10250.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ccwf - what do you base that on? I do not see one post in that thread that it works with a series 2. I guess it wouldn't cost much to try but I don't want to waste money if it has already been tried. I read several posts back about capturing the IR codes. Wasn't this already done (post #25 in this thread). I don't have a Pronto nor a Palm but I could probably find one if this would help out.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
No luck on the IR --> RF attempt. I tried just the 6ft cable and no luck and then trimmed it down to 1 ft and the Samsung didn't even blink. Darn!

I know 10068/10069 were supposed to be learned from the Samsung TS360 remote but 10069 really does not function correctly when any of the channels have two of the same numbers together. And 10068 does not have 'enter' correctly mapped. Anyway that this can be fixed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Double checked on my box and IR only is set and Enter key is Yes. Still have problems with 10068 in regards to the Enter key. It appears Enter works fine for 10069 - could we map that code to 10068 as well?

ralberts - thanks for capturing! Hopefully this can be updated. Are you seeing the same problems?

Thanks,

Tyler

·
Registered
11 Posts
ccwf - since I verified the recommended settings from Tivo and the enter button is still incorrect can we proceed with a fix? Either the enter from 10069 or ralberts new capture.

Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just tested 10069 again and the enter button works fine. Its just that the 10069 code is not as reliable as 10068 in regards to the actual channel numbers.

Thanks and please let me know what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.