TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something is wrong with our tivo. It says we only have until Sat.(It is now Thursday) to watch what's recorded, and then we lose it. Plus when I'm taping on one channel it won't let me change to another, even tho nothing is taping on the other. Any suggestions? Thanks

· Registered
1,721 Posts
The first problem could be several things:
1. Although TiVo marks things to be deleted it will not actually delete them unless space is needed. It just means that something can be deleted if necessary.

2. TiVo assumes you will never delete anything (since it has no idea if you will). If you delete something by then the show will not be deleted.

3. Overuse of the "save until I delete" flag causes a lot of these false messages.

For the second one - do you have a Series 2 DT? Only thsoe have two tuners? If it is a DT you can only watch/record one digital channel at a time. The other must be analog. That may be the problem.

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,944 Posts
The S2 Dual Tuner is only a single tuner if you have a cable box, plus the other tuner is only analog so it can only record any analog channels that is left (if any).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.