TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tivo must have updated overnight. Lost 30 second skip and clock which I was able to put both back. I can not get the Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, 7, 8 to work in the now playing list. I miss having the show discriptions display without having to select each individual episode or show.

Was this feature eliminated with the latest update?

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
I don't have a TiVo that can use that particular code, but i seem to remember that it is TU TD TU 7 8. But, I could be wrong. :)

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
JimSpence said:
I don't have a TiVo that can use that particular code, but i seem to remember that it is TU TD TU 7 8. But, I could be wrong. :)
It doesn't matter which one it was, the hack was eliminated in 6.3e.

·
Registered
79 Posts
DRAT! I just noticed this. GRRRR.. Why did it have to be taken out? I know it is only one extra click per show to get the episode information, but dang. :(

·
TiVotarian
2,612 Posts
I can't find the TiVoPony post where he talked about why this went away from the standalone box.

Seems like it was a victim of a change in the development platform or middleware they used.

Perhaps we could push TiVo to get it back in all platforms. I can't imagine anyone not liking it. I find it very valuable on the now playing list but I wish the detail preview was on more screens and could display details of seasonpasses, wishlists, etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just got the 6.3e patch, and I can't seem to get my 30 second skip back. Is it still SELECT-PLAY-SELECT-3-0-SELECT?. I get buzzes when I type in the 3 and 0..

I'm going to miss that feature more than anything else...

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
Ignore the bongs when entering the 3 and 0. Although it can entered while watching live TV, it works better while watching a recording.

·
Tribal Style
1,195 Posts
Slow-0-Record-Up and Select-Play-Select-3-0-Select restored nicely on my SAT-T60 after this week's reboot, fwiw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
TCS-DTiVo said:
What does "Slow-0-Record-Up" do?
**** Red said:
I believe that this command will sort the Now Playing list by name.

S-O-R-T

Slow
Record
Thumbs-Up
No code needed for that. It is already available by pressing Enter at the Now Playing List. You can then sort by date or alphabetically.

·
Certified Golf Nut
80 Posts
I was so disappointed today when I finally made a phone call on both my units (after about 300 days). When I saw that 6.3e was on my HDVR2, the first thing I thought of was, "uh oh, I betcha that TU, TD, TU, 7, 8 is not gonna work."

Oh, woe is me.

Lousy... I should've never made that phone call. What was I thinking?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts