TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have something already set to record... like a season pass or a manuel record set up this isn't a problem. But say I'm watching something and press the record button an turn off the tv... it records a black screen, it records the tv being off! If youre going to record on the fly like that, do you have to have the tv ON? I can't imagine that's true...

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, okay. When you said 'what are you turning the TV off with?' I did a little experiment. I can't turn off the TV with the remote that comes with the cable box (the remote I'm used to using) I have to use the remote that came with the TV and it records while the TV is off. Thank god, I was going to say, how wrong could I possibly have this set up haha. Thanks everyone =)

· Registered
10,994 Posts
Yeah, the cable box remote basically works against you at this point. Throw it in a drawer and don't use it any more (unless you want to order PPV or another specialized cable function). It will only mess your TiVo up.

· Banned
3,480 Posts
Cad0587 said:
Ah, okay. When you said 'what are you turning the TV off with?' I did a little experiment. I can't turn off the TV with the remote that comes with the cable box (the remote I'm used to using) I have to use the remote that came with the TV and it records while the TV is off. Thank god, I was going to say, how wrong could I possibly have this set up haha. Thanks everyone =)
How about programming the Tivo remote to control your TV?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.