TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· I am Groot!
58,979 Posts
That was...OK.

One thing that struck me...Supernatural started out with Sam & Dean, and gradually over many years built up a supporting cast and a vast mythology. Here, they're trying to jump in with all that from the beginning, without the careful chemistry building that the Mother Ship had. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off...initially, it all seems kind of forced.

· I am Groot!
58,979 Posts
Yeah. If they had done Young Mary Campbell and her Scooby Gang, this might have been a better show. Shoving John and the Men of Letters into it was a mistake.
I don't think it's a mistake in principle, just in execution. They should have eased into it over time instead of cramming it all in at the beginning. Supernatural developed a similar depth of mythology and expansive cast over 15 years, not one episode. And they should have hired more professional-caliber actors and writers (wow, some of that dialogue is just horrible!).

It's the story of Mary and John. Why not just let it be the story of Mary and John? Like Supernatural was Sam and Dean to begin with.

· I am Groot!
58,979 Posts
Yeah, I still can't decide whether it's the writing or the acting that's worse.

Guess I'll just have to keep watching until I figure it out... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts