TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I think it will just be the ones that change channels. Many of the affiliates of the new CW network will be on an existing WB or UPN station.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know if will be one of the current channels that will get renamed, but when the channel call sign changes all of the SP's for that channel will have to be recreated.

·
Nice to see you
11,933 Posts
Attack said:
I know if will be one of the current channels that will get renamed, but when the channel call sign changes all of the SP's for that channel will have to be recreated.
TiVo doesn't know "WB" and "UPN"; it knows, to use Los Angeles as an example, "KTLA" and "KCOP" (or, on DirecTiVo, "LA5" and "LA13"). The only Season Passes that will need to be changed are for UPN network programs that currently air on KCOP, that will be airing on the CW network on KTLA beginning in September.

That said, even if KTLA did decide to promote the CW network by changing its call letters to "KXCW" or something like that, TiVo would be able to handle that, and Season Passes would be safe.

·
...I'm not.
18,980 Posts
The bottom line is: lineups could change becasuse of this (whether they "should" or not), so it pays to be vigilant. In 7-8 months, that is...

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
So is there anything I can do now (short of creating WL) to ensure I don't miss anything when the new season starts? I'd like to get my SPs lined up now, because I'm pretty sure I'll forget in the fall. Don't want to risk missing Veronica Mars. :eek:

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,089 Posts
I think all you can do now is create a wishlist,
then once the channels actually change, convert it to a SP.

phox

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
phox_mulder said:
I think all you can do now is create a wishlist,
then once the channels actually change, convert it to a SP.

phox
OK thanks. That's not ideal since one of our local stations plays repeats of Veronica Mars frequently without guide data, but I 'spose it will do.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I just wait until my guide is updated to the time the shows are going to start and recreate SPs for the shows as if I had never had the SPs to begin with. I think I only watch Supernatural and Smallville off of those channels anyway.

·
Banned
4,869 Posts
The WB channel here in the STP/MPLS market has recently changed it's call letters to WUCW to reflect the upcoming change. All of my SPs for that channel were unaffected.

·
...I'm not.
18,980 Posts
Mike20878 said:
My wife was watching something last night and there was a CW logo in the corner. This launch date of 9/18/06 seems odd then.
Our local WB station is already running ads under the CW name. I can't recall whether they've changed their channel logo yet (last WB show I watched was Angel).

·
...I'm not.
18,980 Posts
sieglinde said:
A show on the other one, (mynetwork?) starts on the 5th of September.
Yep, which is really going to mess up people whose UPN station is switching over to MNTV. Between 9/5, when MNTV starts, and ~9/18, when CW starts (and UPN stops), all the UPN shows are likely to be unavailable in those markets. Unless of course the station shows one or the other in the off-hours (which would be less of an issue for us TiVo owners I suppose).

·
She likes cheese.
4,768 Posts
dylanemcgregor said:
Don't want to risk missing Veronica Mars. :eek:
Veronica Mars is my number one season pass, so I don't want to miss it either. If it helps, the S3 premiere is scheduled for October 3, so you will have some time after the switchover to make sure TiVo has it properly in the To Do list.

·
Not all that sly
9,201 Posts
When is the switchover? 9/18? And does anyone know what the station will actually be in Pittsburgh?

·
...I'm not.
18,980 Posts
slydog75 said:
When is the switchover? 9/18? And does anyone know what the station will actually be in Pittsburgh?
Google is your friend: Wiki Entry: WPCW

·
Go Pats!
9,584 Posts
What I do every year, and it should help with this situation, is to go to the futoncritic website and printout their entire list of premieres (also includes specials, sporting, etc) by date. Then I keep it handy by my viewing area. 1/week I'll look at the list and see if there are any premieres coming up later in the week. Then I make sure everything is set for that.

Yeah, it's a little bit of maintenance time, but I'd hate to miss something....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts