TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
19,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've enjoyed this half season (not the last half though) and that continued with this episode. The overall arc was relatively predictable but I liked the way it all came together. The kid dying was a shock as was Morgan killing Richard (I thought Richard was a decent character). The shopping cart thing had me totally confused, as did the cantaloupe opening but it came together.

I am OK with not worrying about the stupid stuff that happens but taking a truck AND an SUV to deliver one cantaloupe seemed a bit over the top :)

Great to see killing machine Carol.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,028 Posts
I guess if this gets the Kingdom (and Carol and Morgan) on board with Rick's plan to fight the Saviors, then ultimately it's a good thing, but overall, this episode was very weak.

· Registered
1,004 Posts
I don't know. Morgan killing Richard seemed like it came out of left field. I understand what they were trying to show with Morgan's character, but that just didn't seem like the best way to show it. I half-way expected it to be a fake out and Richard to get up after the Saviors left.......until Morgan put a knife in his head.

· Registered
15,210 Posts
I've enjoyed this half season (not the last half though) and that continued with this episode. The overall arc was relatively predictable but I liked the way it all came together. The kid dying was a shock as was Morgan killing Richard (I thought Richard was a decent character). The shopping cart thing had me totally confused, as did the cantaloupe opening but it came together.

I am OK with not worrying about the stupid stuff that happens but taking a truck AND an SUV to deliver one cantaloupe seemed a bit over the top :)

Great to see killing machine Carol.
For some reason I knew the kid was dead as soon as he talked to Carol in the pre-credits scene. That conversation just foreshadowed it.

I was hoping it would be more of a Carol-centric episode than it was, all the previews showed Carol and not a lot of Morgan but it was definitely a Morgan episode.

· Premium Member
11,007 Posts
I don't know. Morgan killing Richard seemed like it came out of left field. I understand what they were trying to show with Morgan's character, but that just didn't seem like the best way to show it. I half-way expected it to be a fake out and Richard to get up after the Saviors left.......until Morgan put a knife in his head.
Once Morgan realized Richard set the whole thing up. He finished it off. Richard put the shopping carts there. Richard dug the grave. Richard hid the cantaloupe. Richard told him the plan to get the saviors confidant that they had got with the game. Richard told him he wanted to be sacrificed to make that work!

· Thanks 4 the Update
11,448 Posts
Agreed. I would have rather he just told them (Saviors) what happened and let them kill Richard instead of strangling him to death with his bare hands.

Also seems like 12 canteloupes per week is a pretty small tribute. Hardly worth the gas to get to the exchange.

· Premium Member
11,007 Posts
Its a message to the saviors that they are onboard!!!!! and will not tolerate people who do not comply.

· Premium Member
12,207 Posts
I figured that Richard would die once he suggested using Carol as bait. Didn't expect the kid to get it though.
:(

Glad to see both Carol and Morgan ready to take on the Saviors.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,028 Posts
Not sure why Carol would go to the Kingdom and not back to Alexandria...
Because she's going to go to Alexandria to prepare for the fight and she needed to make sure King Ezekiel and the Kingdom was going to be on board with fighting when the time comes.

· Registered
36,170 Posts
Once Morgan realized Richard set the whole thing up. He finished it off. Richard put the shopping carts there. Richard dug the grave. Richard hid the cantaloupe. Richard told him the plan to get the saviors confidant that they had got with the game. Richard told him he wanted to be sacrificed to make that work!
One thing that made me think the kid was in on it was when they flashed back to Richard yelling at the kid to get his gun up as they approached the shopping carts. I thought maybe he had the cantaloupe under his arm or something. Richard was willing to die to get the Kingdom to stand up and fight. So he was dead either way. Except the interest curve ball the low life from the Saviors threw in shooting the kid. Which obviously wasn't what the "boss" wanted.

I have really grown to dislike Morgan and his pacifist ways. He finally grows a set and kills one his own. I hope he doesn't hide in Carol's house for the rest of the season.

· Registered
1,263 Posts
Agreed. I would have rather he just told them (Saviors) what happened and let them kill Richard instead of strangling him to death with his bare hands.

Also seems like 12 canteloupes per week is a pretty small tribute. Hardly worth the gas to get to the exchange.
The revenge killing of Richard by Morgan seemed pointless although Richard made dumb mistakes. What character hasn't? It also seemed crazy that the other more senior members from the Kingdom would just stand there and let it happen. The Kingdom probably should have been the ones to kill Richard if they felt he deserved it. Killing the kid and demanding a single cantaloupe should have been enough to entice the King to get in the fight. I sorta hate Morgan now and wish he would have just offed himself. The writers seem to just be writing unpredictable nonsense at this point for the sake of doing so.

· Registered
9,213 Posts
It wasn't a "revenge" killing, at least not solely. He was implementing Richard's plan with the added twist of a kingdom resident seemingly doing the savior's "job" for them, thus lulling them into a false sense of security.

· Registered
1,263 Posts
It wasn't a "revenge" killing, at least not solely. He was implementing Richard's plan with the added twist of a kingdom resident seemingly doing the savior's "job" for them, thus lulling them into a false sense of security.
I get that is was revenge and some other stuff, but it still didn't feel necessary. I mean, for appearances to the opposition a beat down would have been adequate and the Kingdom folks should have done something. I don't think the King even flinched while watching a relative newbie murder a senior member of his group. Speaking of the King, I'm not sure why he'd even go out on these mundane tasks other than to make sure the writers needed to make sure we know what he saw.

· Thanks 4 the Update
11,448 Posts
Even if you accept all that, why did everyone just stand around watching him kill Richard when they had no idea why?

If next week, someone just randomly starts choking and beating Carol, would we expect everyone to just stand there and watch (hoping to get an explanation when the killing was over)?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.