TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured we could just make a season thread unless someone really wants to do weekly threads! I'm quoting from the new tv thread so I don't derail the thread over there :D
oh, and I guess the cast of Ballers found a new show ;)
I thought the same thing! I'm not upset about that either. Two of the best ones from that show are now in a comedy with Walton Goggins. SOLD.

Also I watched and enjoyed the first episode quite a lot. I was really happy to see Bianca Kajlich too but I'm not sure if she was a one off guest or not. Also not getting why they are all going nuts over Tracy. She's just "fine" for me. ;)

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
I thought this premiered Thursday? This is one I'm really looking forward to.

BTW, season thread is definitely the way to go for most sitcoms. I'm trying to start a thread for any new show I watch, like it or not.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,387 Posts
I looked to see why I should know Walton Goggins and checked his film/TVshow-ography, and I realized that there's really NO reason I should know who he is. Outside of a few movies he's been in that I've seen, I wouldn't know him at all. So, with that said, there's no reason HE would draw me into this show. But I'll record it anyway and see if I like it.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked to see why I should know Walton Goggins and checked his film/TVshow-ography, and I realized that there's really NO reason I should know who he is. Outside of a few movies he's been in that I've seen, I wouldn't know him at all. So, with that said, there's no reason HE would draw me into this show. But I'll record it anyway and see if I like it.
Justified. He's pure magic in that show. I've liked everything he's been in though but that one is just amazing. The entire show and characters/cast.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,387 Posts
Justified. He's pure magic in that show. I've liked everything he's been in though but that one is just amazing. The entire show and characters/cast.
I watched a couple of episodes of that show and didn't like it. But that's fine, This is a different type of show, we'll see if it's any good.

·
Cheesehead
11,500 Posts
I'll give it a shot. Fan of Walter Googins. Tomb Raider(2018), Justified, Sons of Anarchy, and The Shield. He does always seem to play a bad/questionable character. Rob Corrdry is solid too.

Plus, the show is in a time slot between two shows I already record. Not like that should matter with 10 tuners between my two TiVos, but I already watch Young Sheldon and Mom. So what the heck. Of course, a time slot between two shows I'm already recording isn't going to convince me to record Carol's Second Act, between Mom and Evil.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
I haven't watched The Shield or Sons of Anarchy. I've had The Shield on my "watch when I get around to it" list for a while.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Goggins was also on "Six" which was about Seal Team Six and the unfortunate HBO series Vice Principals with Danny McBride. Loved him on the Shield and Justified. I just watched The Unicorn earlier this evening and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how they'll be able to keep this fresh for an entire season, not to mention multiple seasons. It seems like he's either going to milk his new status and have a new conquest every week or just not want to be seen that way and scare off any new women he meets. I'm just not sure what direction they'll be taking with this. I'll stick with it and see where it goes for now.

·
Nerd Fashionista
6,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Goggins was also on "Six" which was about Seal Team Six and the unfortunate HBO series Vice Principals with Danny McBride. Loved him on the Shield and Justified. I just watched The Unicorn earlier this evening and enjoyed it, but I'm not sure how they'll be able to keep this fresh for an entire season, not to mention multiple seasons. It seems like he's either going to milk his new status and have a new conquest every week or just not want to be seen that way and scare off any new women he meets. I'm just not sure what direction they'll be taking with this. I'll stick with it and see where it goes for now.
Yeah I still have some of Six to watch. It wasn't something I was able to binge. Same with him in Season 2 of Deep State. Oh he's also right now on The Righteous Gemstones, which is great. He's honestly great at everything he does: comedy or drama!

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,172 Posts
Nope. Lost interest very quickly. Generic characters and unfunny plot. NOT the vehicle for someone of Walter's caliber.

One of the first season passes cancelled.

Reactions: Beryl
1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.