TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
surprised there is no thread on this show, its my favorite new show of the year after Pachinko
plot: 2 families that are very close vacation together each summer. One is very wealthy, the other middle class. The wealthy family has 2 boys 18 and 16, the other has a 16 y/o girl and a 17 y/o boy. The girl this year has become attractive, causing the other two boys to notice her, even though growing up they treated her like a little sister. drama ensues

excellent cast, plenty of plot lines and way more than just teen drama, the parents are very much in the story lines

the teen girl is a find, Lola Tung. Its her first acting role out of Carnegie Mellon drama school

8 episodes, very likely to get renewed after favorable critical and public reviews

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,429 Posts
I watched the first 5 minutes of this and at least based on that, it felt like it wasn't for me and it seemed aimed at those who enjoy female teen love stories. Is it different than that? Or was my first instincts correct?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I watched the first 5 minutes of this and at least based on that, it felt like it wasn't for me and it seemed aimed at those who enjoy female teen love stories. Is it different than that? Or was my first instincts correct?
lol, I'm a middle aged white guy and I liked this series, it is certainly not just a teen romance show. The concepts of social class and loyalty are explored, along with a major secret from a main character

other shows this year I loved were Pachinko, Reacher and For All Mankind

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,429 Posts
lol, I'm a middle aged white guy and I liked this series, it is certainly not just a teen romance show. The concepts of social class and loyalty are explored, along with a major secret from a main character

other shows this year I loved were Pachinko, Reacher and For All Mankind
Thanks, I'll give it another go. I liked Reacher, and have watch For All Mankind up until this season, but waiting for the season to complete and then binge. I generally don't like subtitled or dubbed shows so probably won't get into Pachinko unless I have nothing else, but I'll keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I'll give it another go. I liked Reacher, and have watch For All Mankind up until this season, but waiting for the season to complete and then binge. I generally don't like subtitled or dubbed shows so probably won't get into Pachinko unless I have nothing else, but I'll keep that in mind.

FYI season 3 of For All Mankind is the best of the 3 so far !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts