TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Are you serious bro?
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holy crap that was intense at the end! I really wasn't sure if Vic was going to slit her throat or not. Good thing he didn't because Kavanaugh would've caught him!

·
Registered
35,627 Posts
Great episode. I never saw it coming when he hired the Lawyer for help.

The current captin is such a moron letting Vic look over the whole safe house list after telling him it was Captin or above eyes only.

·
Elk Whisperer
4,148 Posts
This is a great show, it looks like it is going to end its run with a bang.

·
I am Groot!
61,740 Posts
I found it interesting tha Vic was so confident that a hooker/drug addict would never betray him. I wonder if he's now going to have trust issues that will help bring him down...

·
Auteur
54,390 Posts
Crap! Did this not record for anyone else? Looks like a repeat on Friday night. Gotta wait to read this thread until Saturday. :mad:

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
I was hoping after the phone rang that K would come in and discover vic. however ususally when I hope for such things they never come true in most shows.

Shane wanting lem to cover their butts is a bit......crazy. But I can understand where he's coming from. I guess it's still burnt up about the money train.

I think Mrs vic should have kneed Mr K in the groin when she found out he was IAD. going to dutch to find out the legalities of things was a bit risky. I doubt he can keep his mouth shut. I like how vic planted the seeds of doubt in Mr K's mind about aceveda and what he really was meeting vic for. Of course vic wants IAD to think Mr A is dirty. So this could work in vics favor if he turns this all around on Mr A and says all the bad stuff was his idea.

thing is, i simply dont see how they can get away from lem and the tar. He's gonna have to pay for that eventually.

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,970 Posts
I'm wondering about Claudette's illness....where's that going?

·
Posting Deficient
404 Posts
If Aceveda's picture would to resurface that would buy them some leverage.

They have teased us with that so much...

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,520 Posts
Forrest Whittaker's acting was a little off in the early parts of this episode. But, he did a great job during the final scenes. Maybe good enough to overlook the rest.

Aside from that, I thought it was a good episode. I was thinking that those fishing baits had microphones in them at first, and that we'd see later in the episode that they were in his pocket. Instead it seems that Vic is getting the upper hand on Cavanagh.

I'm starting to find the rookie cop story a bit tiresome. But that may be the point, actually. I wonder where it is going. I hope somewhere more interesting.

Whatever claudette's illness is, unless the actor actually has an ailment herself, she has done a remarkable acting job portraying it. Each episode I keep thinking how stiff and uncomfortable she seems. Especially the scene where she almost went over the edge.

·
Posting Deficient
404 Posts
I thought the fishing baits mught be wireless, too. But, I'm thinkin' not now. We'll see.

I do wonder where they are going with the rookie cop thing, too. If she gets too disallusioned could she be turned? IAD or new a Big Bad Guy?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Hi ALL,

I have to say that the Shield is the BEST drama currently on TV. A lot of other shows are good, but this is the best. That last scene between Vic, the informant and the IAD cop was some of the best acting I have seen in a long time. I actually went back to watch it a second time, which I never had done for a drama.

This show is my only must-see-I-have-to-absolutely-see show!!!

Gerry

·
Temporarily Stairs
339 Posts
The last scene with Vic and the CI was absolutely riveting. Most intense scene I've seen on TV for years. And Vic's emotion swing when he found out that she'd been reporting to IAD for 6 months was great too. Went from hugging her to ready to kill her in under a minute. Chickliss should win the best actor Emmy every year.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They come to their toughness from different directions, but the confrontations and scenes between Whittaker and Chilkas are classic. Two heavyweight actors, both with meaty roles, going at it full throttle...its almost like jazz the way they riff off each other, with both the characters and the actors playing them refusing to be intimidated.by the strength of the other....great stuff.

·
Registered
35,627 Posts
IndyJones1023 said:
Crap! Did this not record for anyone else? Looks like a repeat on Friday night. Gotta wait to read this thread until Saturday. :mad:
Last two weeks I have issues with DirecTV and DirecTivo. One week I get error 4 at the 11pm airing. The next someone changed the channel number or something. 248 was dropped from the channel.

This week since I had nothing else on at 10pm it recorded in that time slot just fine for a change.

·
Registered
35,627 Posts
Bierboy said:
I'm wondering about Claudette's illness....where's that going?
What the deal with cop type show having an overweight black female detective get sick with some cancer or something.

Without a Trace
The District

And another I can't think of the name of.

·
Registered
35,627 Posts
Thought Vic was stupid though for not questioning her outside. How did he know the house wasn't wired with Video and Audio?

This is the rat squad after all.

But, I guess it wasn't.

·
Registered
184 Posts
jcondon said:
Last two weeks I have issues with DirecTV and DirecTivo. One week I get error 4 at the 11pm airing. The next someone changed the channel number or something. 248 was dropped from the channel.

This week since I had nothing else on at 10pm it recorded in that time slot just fine for a change.
I've had the same problem. Two weeks in a row the show did not show up on my to record list even though it's in the top slot and nothing else is even scheduled. I think DTV has something screwed in it's listing. I'm going to delete the season pass and recreate it to see if that helps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts