TiVo Community Forum banner
161 - 180 of 304 Posts

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,801 Posts
I like how Nolan moved up from crashing at a friends home in s1 to that new home on a rookie's salary (even if he did do the renovation himself). If Tim could get 1mm for his beat up small childhood home, how much is Nolan's home worth? Gotta be at least 5mm.
The real-world house used as the exterior shot for John's house is 2733 Lake Hollywood Drive, which Zillow estimates as a $2.2 million home. (Dialogue describes the fictional home as being "on Beachwood," but that's very close to the real house location.)

The fictional home was a bank-owned foreclosure when John bought it, with a ton of issues... depending how bad it was, he could have potentially gotten it near the $1 million price point, but I doubt much less than that.

·
Series 3
32,277 Posts
Speaking of how unbelievably active Nolan is, has anyone considered that in addition to a very demanding full time job, Nolan also:

1. Goes to Night School. (And like he'd never have to work second or third shift?)
  2. Renovates every other officer's home. (And maybe he does other paid renovation jobs in order to afford his house.)
  3. And is now the station Union Rep.
When does he even have time to date Bailey?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Being from the East Coast, I didn't realize that property taxes were reasonable in LA.
What would be the guess of the property value of Nolan's home?
California voters put it into the state constitution. 1978 California Proposition 13 - Wikipedia

Basically caps the property tax %, limits annual assessment increases and allows for changes to the base assessed value only due to ownership change or new construction.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 10 MAY BE ENCOUNTERED AFTER THIS POINT

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,801 Posts
I kind of agree with TV Line... it really does feel like they're setting up for an LAFD spinoff series. The only slight doubt there is that The Rookie isn't a particularly high rated series, and it's a little odd to be planning a spinoff of a lower rated series.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 11 MAY BE ENCOUNTERED AFTER THIS POINT

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
The pregnancy trope dialogue was so predictable that the writers must have plagiarized it from another show. Nyla is my least favorite character.
And I’m only ½ way through this episode, but I’m sure Lucy and the “rookie” ADA will hook up before the end.

·
Registered
Ruler of an Unown UI
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Lucy's not that kind of lady. It's going to take at least one more episode.

161 - 180 of 304 Posts