TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so blown away watching ep. 1, Orange Juice no Pulp, that I felt the need to get a conversation started to see what others thought about the first episode, and perhaps we'll follow the entire series if it is worthy. What is real and what is a part of the rehearsal? Who is an actor and who is not? I'm going to watch it again tonight to give it my full attention because I might have been fooled and maybe that's the plot of this series.

SPOILER BELOW

Was real Trica in on the story all along? If not then she could have killed the entire episode by not approving to be on the show.

·
Registered Snoozer
7,838 Posts
I watched the first episode and while I found some of it interesting, I also thought it was anticlimactic since the woman didn't seem to really care when he revealed his secret to her.

The second episode? I didn't last 10 minutes. Lavender oil on the soles of the baby's feet? What the heck lady.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Just watched e1.

Thought it was good, and liked the “twist” at the end.

Did they really re-create the bars interior, or just the exterior and then used the actual bar for the rehearsal? (I think it would have been a lot of work to recreate the bars interior)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not watch Nathan for You but I did watch How to With John Wilson on HBO which Nathan helped with. Yes, Nathan seems odd and his humor odd and he seems to like uncomfortableness (is that a word?) in his work. I'm highly entertained by the quirkiness and the effort to make the episode work as it did. Mr. Cork got his wish and Nathan got his "twist" in the end. So I'll continue with the series just to see where it goes.

·
Coney Island Small
33,092 Posts
I've only watched Ep 1, and I think EVERYONE is an actor.

He was worried about Tricia's reaction to his years-long lie. But nary a thought about her reaction to being analyzed and criticized, impersonated by an actor, and the erection of an exact clone of their bar, all so they could rehearse her every possible response?

Cuz no, that's not creepy at all...

·
Nice to see you
12,131 Posts
Any "Nathan for You" viewers watching this show? What do you think of it? Nathan has a bit of an odd sense of humor that probably isn't for everyone. Nathan himself is a little odd as well.
Yes. I'm loving it so far. I see it as being pretty much a sequel to "Nathan for You," but instead of trying to help businesses, he's trying to help people's lives.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Did they really re-create the bars interior, or just the exterior and then used the actual bar for the rehearsal? (I think it would have been a lot of work to recreate the bars interior)
Just watched e2, and I see that they did, and even moved it to Oregon.
Not sure why Nathan makes the choices he does 😁

1 - 20 of 22 Posts