TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· ...I'm not.
17,297 Posts
If Flynne was controlling another body then why did she have to be trapped in that body while they performed eye surgery on it? Shouldn't they have been able to perform that and any other body modifications on the host without her?
The point seemed to be to pressure(/torture)-test her. The "client" addressed that pretty directly; there was no need for her to be inhabiting the body during that time, but the client wanted to be sure she could handle pain and the associated body-horror, in case she had to sacrifice her avatar during a mission.

The only question I have is what happened after they put her "to sleep" at the end? Did she experience that time period w/ no sensory input? Or were they able to time-skip her consciousness past that to when she "woke up"? It didn't seem like she had a chance to disconnect from the rig, so they must have held onto her connection one way or another. (ETA: or were they actually able to put her real brain into a sleep-mode via the peripheral apparatus?)

· ...I'm not.
17,297 Posts
People have been trying since the book came out. I suspect it was unfilmable in the past because the technology just wasn't there to do it right, and now because its views of the internet are...rather dated.
Closest thing was Johnny Mnemonic, which I mostly enjoyed, but was far from a mainstream success. (And actually caused me to have lowered expectations for the The Matrix, in part due to Keanu's less than stellar performance)

Reactions: aaronwt
1 - 2 of 2 Posts