TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
I'm in 馃槂!
Flynn doesn't appear to be ex-military (but could be), so I don't expect her to have the bio-upgrades her brother has.
I like the twist on the time travel genre and how (finally) time travel is has a monetary use, and how (so far) no 'butterfly effect' rules.

Registered
But it was too big a carrot. He knows that they are poor and she was struggling to buy pills from him for her mother, so obviously he will now want to know the source of the 'carrot' (...and that may be what his intent was)

Registered
NYT:

"Flynne Fisher (Chlo毛 Grace Moretz) provides much of the story鈥檚 human connection. A keenly intelligent young woman, she leads a go-nowhere life in the country, where she is burdened by a terminally ill mother (Melinda Page Hamilton) and a brother, Burton (Jack Reynor), whose Marine service has left him with post-traumatic stress and agonizing pain from a faulty cybernetic implant. Flynne and Burton earn extra money playing virtual reality games for rich people, but when a strange new headset arrives, Flynne discovers that the reality of a mission to 2099 London isn鈥檛 all that virtual."
"That鈥檚 where things get metaphysically sticky, and Gibson unleashes a glossary full of invented terms. Through the wonders of quantum tunneling, the headset opens up an alternate timeline called a 鈥渟tub鈥 between Flynne鈥檚 world and the future, transporting her consciousness to a 鈥減eripheral,鈥 a cyborg body that can be animated by a human host. In her first trip to London, Flynne doesn鈥檛 have time to get her bearings, much less realize that adversaries from the future can retaliate against her family in the present."

Registered
I'll admit to being somewhat confused by the ending and Flynne's plan to continue fighting against evil Dr. ShoulderPads. I also find it pretty unbelievable that Connor would kill her.
Since Flynn, and the whole town, would be dead otherwise, Conner had no choice, but their 鈥渙ther selves鈥 will live in the new stub, with only Flynn knowing about the other stub (鈥f I鈥檓 understanding this)

Great show.

Registered
My only question is how does NeoFlynn maintain contact between the future and the NeoStub, since she destroyed the object that contained its "address"...
Maybe because she has the RI Library in her DNA?

I did see the date she chose (2032) was after Conner was injured (2028). I'm missing something as I would expect Conner to avoid his injury by "killing the dog" in the new stub (or will Burton and Connor also have memories of the other stub??).

Registered
Will Conner still be injured in the new stub (looks that way)? The way the into was set up (his talking to Flynn about a re-boot) made me think that he will enter the new stub uninjured.

Registered
That is correct, but if Cherise continues to follow through on her plan to destroy Flynn's world, will that flush NeoFlynn back into the original stub?
Cherise was to use that as a last resort to destroy the data Flynn has in her DNA. Now that that Flynn is dead, and Flynn has the data in the new stub, Cherise has no incentive to destroy the stub that RI has spent a lot of time to use for research.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts