TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Palindromer
19,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watching?

Amazon Prime released the first two episodes (the second episode is dated as OAD of 10/28/2022, which is weird, right?)

As always, I would prefer episodic threads, but if there aren't a lot of you watching this, I guess I'll keep this as a season thread... Let's use this to discuss the first two episodes, and if there's enough interest, I'll as the moderators to rename this thread as a S01E01 and S01E02 thread...

So far, I am digging it... Pretty cool premise so far... I am not sure what to make of what's going on underneath the skin of Burton and his buddies. And they all have the digital eyeballs too... Flynne doesn't seem to have either of this bio-tech (unless we just haven't seen it yet)...

So far, I am hooked...

· Palindromer
19,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm assuming this is now a season thread?

I won't post anything about the third episode (which I just finished).

This show is awesome. I'm loving it. But I really don't want to wait a week between episodes. Since the discussion on TCF doesn't seem to be very robust, I think I'll wait until all the episodes are in before I binge the rest.
Yeah... I hate "all season" threads with a passion... But as you say, the discussion on this show is not all that "robust"... So let's go ahead and consider this the Season 1 thread... Maybe if it picks up a stronger following, we can go with episodic threads if there's a Season 2... :)

Like you, I am really enjoying this show... I am glad they finally explained the "tech" that Flynn's brother and his friends have embedded into their bodies... And I love the scene where the brother confronts the older dude (forgive me, as the names are not coming to me at the moment) with the carrot vs. the stick negotiation... Loved the glass shattering in his hands as a way to push him over to choose "the carrot" option...

I also love the scene where the older guy "gives" the nephew a stack of cash and then advises him that he should always find out what is on the other end of that quid pro quo...

· Palindromer
19,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I rewatched all four available episodes yesterday. It was very helpful and filled in some gaps for a person with a crappy memory like me.
I’m right there with you…. I can’t even admit how many times I see someone on screen and ask myself (or sometimes aloud) “who’s that again?”

I need the “previously on…” to almost be a recap of the last episode, as well as a summary of stuff beforehand!

In someways, that’s why I prefer a binge instead of a week to week viewing…. But I do also like letting an episode digest over a week too…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts