TiVo Community Forum banner
141 - 160 of 234 Posts

·
All About Footwork
29,786 Posts
The ship's maneuvers are all the execution of programming automatically reacting to the terrain, the actions of the pursuers, and the progress/achievement of goals set by the pilots, etc.; no continual control is required. The button pressing is to enter additional parameters, variations, adjustments. If I were the writer that's what I would say to you with a straight face.
LOL...and I would laugh at your straight face! :p

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Looks like the Kaylons are in a stronger position to wipe out all living races with the expulsion of the Moclans from the Union (“The need of the one, or the few, outweigh the needs of the many”)

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I'm sure many have said this before, I was disappointed that the show wasn't a comedy when it first came out. My favorite unintentional comedy is when the two pilots are doing hairpin maneuvers through mountains/rocks/ships/battle while looking down every second or two to press buttons on their screen.
It's not too far fetched to believe that in their time period they have been able to develop autonomous ships that can maneuver themselves. It's possible that they may also have figured out a way to avoid hitting pedestrians. :p

·
All About Footwork
29,786 Posts
It's not too far fetched to believe that in their time period they have been able to develop autonomous ships that can maneuver themselves. It's possible that they may also have figured out a way to avoid hitting pedestrians. :p
Except that they have pilots who are, you know, piloting the ship...and the pilot guy with the beard is heralded as a great pilot!

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,193 Posts
The BMDE between Bortus and Kelly was palpable...too bad Klyden came back.

·
All About Footwork
29,786 Posts
This was in an earlier episode, but LaMarr spitting out his teeth and agreeing to break up with (insert name here, I don't remember names) was really well done and very funny.

·
Premium Member
25,828 Posts
This was in an earlier episode, but LaMarr spitting out his teeth and agreeing to break up with (insert name here, I don't remember names) was really well done and very funny.
Earlier this season? I have no recall of a scene like that.

Also have no idea what BMDE means.

·
Señor Member
93,847 Posts
Yes, very Star Wars-esque.

Didn't really understand why the shuttle didn't immediately go down near the surface while the fighters distracted the defenders. Why did it stay in the middle of the action?
Yeah, I was screaming at the screen for that. Create a diversion! Cloak the ship! Sneak out!

Then make it incredibly obvious there is something critically important in the middle of this formation! :rolleyes:

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
7,274 Posts
Yes, very Star Wars-esque.

Didn't really understand why the shuttle didn't immediately go down near the surface while the fighters distracted the defenders. Why did it stay in the middle of the action?
Since it's cloak was flashing on and off, I'd assume breaking away from the protection would make it a sitting duck.

·
The Question
10,700 Posts
I was just reading a review of this episode and it points out that one possibility for The Orville to continue into S4 is without MacFarlane (and presumably Grimes) as regular cast members (since they have committed to the Ted spinoff series). Instead, Grayson could take command...

141 - 160 of 234 Posts