TiVo Community Forum banner
121 - 140 of 234 Posts

·
LOAD"*",8,1
35,446 Posts
Ok, kind of glad Isaac didn’t get to keep the emotions. I don’t know if I could have dealt with more of “up with people” Kaylons.

Anyone out there that didn’t see the whole all female crew ruse falling apart, raise your hands. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Señor Member
93,866 Posts
Anyone out there that didn’t see the whole all female crew ruse falling apart, raise your hands. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
But did it fail? After all, they agreed to a future (female, of course) emissary and future negotiations. If they had known men were involved in the first place, they would not have set foot on the Orville or agreed to meet at all.

·
Registered
12,631 Posts
But did it fail? After all, they agreed to a future (female, of course) emissary and future negotiations. If they had known men were involved in the first place, they would not have set foot on the Orville or agreed to meet at all.
Yeah because the speech that made them agree in the first place couldn’t possibly have happened without first lying to a potential ally in a diplomatic encounter.

It was the stupidest thing they could have done. Why would anyone trust them after that lie?

·
The Question
10,701 Posts
What I didn't understand is how the Moclans knew about Topa's agreement with Heveena...it seems like they kidnapped her only minutes later. If they were keeping so close tabs tabs that they realized that Topa agreed to be a communications conduit, how is it that they didn't know the details of the contact/frequencies?

·
Unknown Member
4,708 Posts
how the Moclans knew
I never met a writer who couldn't come up with an explanation. They had observation devices but not close enough for the whispered details. They had an informant who knew the arrangement was planned but didn't know the data itself. Maybe they just added two and two going in, to guess the obvious: the development of an asset would be attempted. Personally I suspect they ran tachyon particles in reverse through the transporter.

The writer is God, omniscient and all-powerful in his little universe.

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,186 Posts
I'll put this out there: The blue firefly creature was actually a spy drone, it listened in and then lured Topa away from the rest of the party so she could be grabbed.
But then an overzealous editor chopped the part where the camera zoomed in on the blue one to show it had technology, or the CGI crew ran out of money before they got to that part..

·
Señor Member
93,866 Posts
I'll put this out there: The blue firefly creature was actually a spy drone, it listened in and then lured Topa away from the rest of the party so she could be grabbed.
But then an overzealous editor chopped the part where the camera zoomed in on the blue one to show it had technology, or the CGI crew ran out of money before they got to that part..
I thought something like that, especially as it lured her to where she could be kidnapped.

·
Registered
6,600 Posts
What I didn't understand is how the Moclans knew about Topa's agreement with Heveena...it seems like they kidnapped her only minutes later. If they were keeping so close tabs tabs that they realized that Topa agreed to be a communications conduit, how is it that they didn't know the details of the contact/frequencies?
History suggests that black rendered extradition and torture interrogation sites do not operate on the basis of a sure knowledge that somebody processes information, Topa being a female Moclan from a Union ship visiting Heveena's house could have given them a deluded "reason to believe".

It was good/bad luck the belief was true not deluded.

Why Topa was given a real name not a code name for the contact is another question.

·
All About Footwork
29,795 Posts
I'm sure many have said this before, I was disappointed that the show wasn't a comedy when it first came out. My favorite unintentional comedy is when the two pilots are doing hairpin maneuvers through mountains/rocks/ships/battle while looking down every second or two to press buttons on their screen.

·
Unknown Member
4,708 Posts
My favorite unintentional comedy is when the two pilots are doing hairpin maneuvers through mountains/rocks/ships/battle while looking down every second or two to press buttons on their screen.
The ship's maneuvers are all the execution of programming automatically reacting to the terrain, the actions of the pursuers, and the progress/achievement of goals set by the pilots, etc.; no continual control is required. The button pressing is to enter additional parameters, variations, adjustments. If I were the writer that's what I would say to you with a straight face.

121 - 140 of 234 Posts