TiVo Community Forum banner
101 - 120 of 234 Posts

·
Now with flavor!
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I thought episode 7 was one of the best of the season.

I'm grateful Issac rebooted. It would have been obnoxious if it lasted.

The secondary storyline was good too, though I don't see how lying was a good strategy.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
7,274 Posts
Another good episode. I did feel bad for Isaac and Claire when he went back to no emotions. I think it would have been interesting.

I hope they want to do more seasons.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
For half this episode I was wondering how the aliens getting the Kaylon was fitting in to the rest of the episode. Then they tied it in. A very well done episode.

So Issac did something for Claire and she reciprocated. I guess that defines love. Too bad he couldn't hold on to the feelings. But I don't understans why they couldn't back up his memories and then restore them after the procedure. But then again I had the same question about C-3PO in Rise of Skywalker. And lo & behold R2 had an old back up and restored 3PO to most of his former self. A couple of lines of dialogue could've cleard that up.

·
The Question
10,700 Posts
I wonder how they decided to make the lights orange on the OG Kaylons. Is that meant to imply that they were already very close to the murderous red light Kaylons?

EDIT: And why did the OG Kaylons have guns in their heads? Didn't anyone see a problem with torturing robots who are displaying independence when said robots could easily shoot their owners?

·
Señor Member
93,847 Posts
Did I miss where K-1 went out to the garage and built the guns?
There was clearly time passing, and at some point the Kaylons started communicating with each other and planning. It would not have taken much to have them even substitute for each other when one needed upgrading. They don't have to show everything! ;)

·
Deregistered Snoozer
4,940 Posts
When Timmis is explaining the Kaylon history to Charly we're supposed to understand that all that stuff he's describing happened, even though they didn't show it happening during the flashbacks. He talked about learning to communicate, learning to "defend" (against the pain emitters I guess) and also something about arming themselves (I can't remember exactly what he said).

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,193 Posts
This show has reached a new level with this season. It's become a must-watch within a couple days of airing. Previously I'd let them pile up.

Reactions: Family and NJChris

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
15,663 Posts
For half this episode I was wondering how the aliens getting the Kaylon was fitting in to the rest of the episode. Then they tied it in. A very well done episode.

So Issac did something for Claire and she reciprocated. I guess that defines love. Too bad he couldn't hold on to the feelings. But I don't understans why they couldn't back up his memories and then restore them after the procedure. But then again I had the same question about C-3PO in Rise of Skywalker. And lo & behold R2 had an old back up and restored 3PO to most of his former self. A couple of lines of dialogue could've cleard that up.
Or a routine that detects when the emotions routine's been wiped and immediately re-enters it.
So LaMarr kept getting injured by Talla... but what about his previous partner (seen in S3E1)?

I told my wife he sleeps with every female alien on board, the Kirk/Riker of The Orville.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
I know that they needed for Isaac to be different from Timmus for the story to work, but I would have expected Timmus to have been upgraded at some point to have the same processes as Isaac. Anyway this episode had some good parts, some bad (lying to gain trust for an alliance), and still think that this season could have been helped with some time editing.

·
Series 3
27,139 Posts
So was this Canadian Sci Fi actor week on the Orville?

Eliza Taylor and Christopher Larkin: The 100.

Elyse Levesque: Stargate Universe.

101 - 120 of 234 Posts