TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 234 Posts

·
The Question
10,700 Posts
Sorry, but this was nothing whatsoever like "The Inner Light". "The Inner Light" did not feature time travel, Picard lived a lifetime in the vision (not just 10 years), it was all in his head and he remembered the experience.

In fact, I can't think of a single thing that the two episodes have in common, besides being on Trek-like shows.

·
Cat God
17,208 Posts
OK, I really enjoyed "Twice in a Lifetime"---in particular, the way that Ed and Kelly took the choice away from Gordon as well as the solution to going back to the future...
I’m glad they decided to do this as the first thing I thought of when they said they were going to get more time fuel, was why not just go back another 10 years?

Drilling from the basement of the house did make no sense though, especially since while they were drilling they made lateral course corrections. The extra few feet from drilling outside the house wouldn’t have made much difference. If they needed to do so somewhere less populated, I’m sure there some some place secluded not that far away.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Drilling from the basement of the house did make no sense though, especially since while they were drilling they made lateral course corrections. The extra few feet from drilling outside the house wouldn’t have made much difference. If they needed to do so somewhere less populated, I’m sure there some some place secluded not that far away.
I guess you missed the fact that to drill, they needed a house with a basement. This almost certainly the only tract house in Southern California with a basement.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Is this the final season? if so, I would have preferred that Grimes stayed in the past (happening in an episode near the end). The Timeline couldn’t have changed if he didn’t do anything to make it change (yeah, I know, the kids, or their kids do something), but other than keeping his weapon, he kept a low profile, got a normal job, and didn’t use his knowledge of the future to enrich himself.

Rios was allowed to stay in the past with a woman he fell in love with, so why not Malloy? 😉😉

And if the Kaylon continue to beat the Union, will Mercer really not bend the rules (as he has many times before) and travel to the past with a repaired device to destroy the Kaylon?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I guess you missed the fact that to drill, they needed a house with a basement. This almost certainly the only tract house in Southern California with a basement.
They didn't need a house with a basement, but the deposit of Dysonium was situated beneath the house which happened to have a basement, which as anyone who lives/lived in So. Cal knows don't exist. Of course having a basement makes it really convinent to contain the rubble when the house inevitabely collapses due an earthquake.

·
LOAD"*",8,1
35,432 Posts
It's a Seth McFarlane show.
Are you really expecting scientific accuracy?
I'm way behind the rest of you, so I'm not reading too far ahead in this thread, so hopefully I'm not smeeking, but... don't forget that "Cosmos: A SpaceTime Odyssey" and "Cosmos: Possible Worlds" were also both (technically) Seth McFarlane shows. :)

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
4,241 Posts
I forgot to watch this episode, new episodes are every Thursday, right? With all the streaming services I use I sometimes lose track of when new episodes come on. And it just dawned on me that I forgot to watch the latest episode of Evil yesterday on Paramount +. At least I know what I'll be watching tonight. Tomorrow is a new episode of Only Murders in the Building as well as The Bob's Burgers Movie on Hulu.

·
Cat God
17,208 Posts
I forgot to watch this episode, new episodes are every Thursday, right? With all the streaming services I use I sometimes lose track of when new episodes come on. And it just dawned on me that I forgot to watch the latest episode of Evil yesterday on Paramount +. At least I know what I'll be watching tonight. Tomorrow is a new episode of Only Murders in the Building as well as The Bob's Burgers Movie on Hulu.
Yes Thursday. One of the benefits of using Apple TV is new episodes of shows on various streaming services show up on my watch list in the TV app as they are released.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
4,241 Posts
Yes Thursday. One of the benefits of using Apple TV is new episodes of shows on various streaming services show up on my watch list in the TV app as they are released.
Apple TV is one of the services I don't have. I have Netflix, Hulu, HBOMAX, Paramount +, Amazon Prime, Disney +, and ShowtimeAnytime.

·
Cat God
17,208 Posts
I think they are talking about the AppleTV hardware, not the streaming service.
Sort of. The TV app, which is available on Apple TV boxes and iOS devices has an aggregated up next list which populates from connected Apps. Nearly any app (Netflix being the big exception) can be connected. As such I get notified any time there is a new episode of The Orville, among several other streaming shows I watch.

81 - 100 of 234 Posts