TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 234 Posts

·
Just someone
17,440 Posts
Spoilers for S03E06, "Twice in a Lifetime"...

I find it highly implausible that Charly wouldn't know what a cell phone is. Surely they would have come up at some point during her education.

I also find it highly implausible that Ed and Kelly were surprised by Malloy's wife and kid(s), because they'd seen his obituary.

I also find it highly implausible that the spot where Charly and Isaac needed to drill just happened to be underneath the one house in Southern California with a basement, which just happened to be vacant.
Cellphones were big 400 years ago. It's probably more unusual that Malloy knows about them than Charley doesn't. I agree that the rest is very convienient.

·
The Question
11,692 Posts
OK, I really enjoyed "Twice in a Lifetime"---in particular, the way that Ed and Kelly took the choice away from Gordon as well as the solution to going back to the future...

(though I was a little surprised that the sandwich didn't show up again...what happened to it? it was supposed to arrive 3 months in the future, but the device will take at least 6 months to repair...)

·
Just someone
17,440 Posts
OK, I really enjoyed "Twice in a Lifetime"---in particular, the way that Ed and Kelly took the choice away from Gordon as well as the solution to going back to the future...

(though I was a little surprised that the sandwich didn't show up again...what happened to it? it was supposed to arrive 3 months in the future, but the device will take at least 6 months to repair...)
It will be funny if the sandwich shows up in a future ep when we've forgotten about it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Now that we know that they simply need to turn off their dampening field to travel forward in time through relativity, haven't they just made every space battle irrelevant? Granted if you jump time just to get away from the bad guy then how do you get back?? I am guessing that if you travel yet again far enough into the future you can find a way back. Kinda like shiny sparkle girl did in last week's episode.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,225 Posts
I really enjoyed Twice in a Lifetime. I like how Seth isn't hogging the spotlight and the crew is really able to be the center of the episodes. None of the nitpicks mentioned above bothered me. I would think it's understandable she didn't know what the phone was. Kids today have no clue what a rotary land line phone is. And that's not a 400 year difference.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Now that we know that they simply need to turn off their dampening field to travel forward in time through relativity, haven't they just made every space battle irrelevant? Granted if you jump time just to get away from the bad guy then how do you get back?? I am guessing that if you travel yet again far enough into the future you can find a way back. Kinda like shiny sparkle girl did in last week's episode.
No, there isn't enough mass to close our space-time. If you travel too far forward, you will find yourself in a dead universe, where nothing ever changes. Kind of like CBS.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
No need for that as they have that device, they just have to fix it, then they can go back in time and destroy the enemy (but they won’t as it will mess with the timeline — this season’s first episode had something about that, or maybe I’m thinking of Picard 😉)

·
Registered
20,108 Posts

I have a feeling the sandwich will show up again.

·
Registered
20,108 Posts
I was wondering about that. Assuming the sandwich DOES show up when they said it would, would the sandwich appear in that same exact point in space, or would it know where the Orville was then ,and magically be where they are in space?
It will show up wherever it needs to as a plot device for whatever story they are telling I imagine :D

·
Bored
4,290 Posts
I hope the sandwich shows up and they just point at it and say "Hey!" And then move on.
But of course they won't, they will go into a full reminder discussion of what happened.

I miss Arrested Development. They were the Kings of not pointing out the joke.

·
The Question
11,692 Posts
Assuming the sandwich DOES show up when they said it would, would the sandwich appear in that same exact point in space, or would it know where the Orville was then ,and magically be where they are in space?
Isn't that what happened when they sent the sandwich back 10 seconds? I assume the ship was moving at the time...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I thought it was a ripoff of the Next Generation episode where Picard lives his life through an alien device, except Malloy didn't remember in the end.

Also, I didn't like how they were casually were flying through time like it was a cab ride.

Bigger problems for me than Charley not knowing what a cellphone was or the basement they had to drill.

61 - 80 of 234 Posts