TiVo Community Forum banner
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Tesla Model 3
1,751 Posts
The last episode very much felt like a series finale to me. I know it was suppose to be. Hopefully they change their minds and there is a season 4/

·
Unknown Member
5,061 Posts
The last episode very much felt like a series finale to me. I know it was supposed to be.
Agreed. The last episode was the cast party. It's done.

Clearly this is the case of a little boy being given the greatest electric train set ever, and he played it for all it was worth. He conned his way in with the promise of comedy then did the StarTrek he always wanted to do. Plus a nice Star Wars homage at the end to boot. Time to move on.

I enjoyed it all and I'd watch a season 4, but what would be the point?

·
LOAD"*",8,1
41,996 Posts
The last episode very much felt like a series finale to me. I know it was suppose to be. Hopefully they change their minds and there is a season 4/
I think it was written as a season finale, but one closed enough that it could also serve as a series finale as well.

Seth still gives renewal at about 50/50 odds, with viewership on Disney+ possibly a deciding factor. I imagine Hulu likes the fact that it's gotten overall very good reviews from both critics and fans, but the fact that it never cracked the streaming top ten is probably on their mind as well. That, and the extensive production time a show like this requires, and then having to now recapture the cast and fit the show into their schedules.

·
Now with flavor!
2,226 Posts
I'm currently watching episode 6. This season is a lot more serious than previous seasons. Some heavy subjects being tackled so far. 😱
For the first two seasons, the show seems to flip between high-concept work comedy and straight-up space opera melodrama. But the third season, they seem to have "gone for broke" and totally embraced the latter.

·
Premium Member
28,063 Posts
For the first two seasons, the show seems to flip between high-concept work comedy and straight-up space opera melodrama
That was my biggest complaint about S1 and S2 -- they couldn't decide which way to go -- comedy with dick and fart jokes, or a stand-up homage to Star Trek with great sci-fi writing. I'm glad they dropped that and finally made a great season of shows in S3.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
For the first two seasons, the show seems to flip between high-concept work comedy and straight-up space opera melodrama. But the third season, they seem to have "gone for broke" and totally embraced the latter.
That was my biggest complaint about S1 and S2 -- they couldn't decide which way to go -- comedy with dick and fart jokes, or a stand-up homage to Star Trek with great sci-fi writing. I'm glad they dropped that and finally made a great season of shows in S3.
My recollection was the humor settled a bit during season 2.

I'm thinking of recommending Orville to my wife who hated season 1 because of the humor. Was season 2 almost as much?

221 - 232 of 232 Posts