TiVo Community Forum banner
181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Cat God
17,204 Posts
No, I disagree. There was nothing irreplaceable about the weapon itself---they could always build another one...
Not once Charlie died since she apparently was the only person capable of building it along with Isaac and for reasons unknown no one wrote any of that down since it was stated there was no instruction manual.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Not once Charlie died since she apparently was the only person capable of building it along with Isaac and for reasons unknown no one wrote any of that down since it was stated there was no instruction manual.
Didn't seem to slow down the Moclan guy from getting it to work.

·
Deregistered Snoozer
4,939 Posts
It was made clear that only the combination of Charly and Isaac could build it the first time. It's not clear that no one else could build it again. But anyway, the Kaylon didn't know any of that; clearly if they knew that they'd just kill one or both. They were just told that only Charly and Isaac together could hope to disarm it so both had to go to the surface. At least that's how I remember it :)

·
The Question
10,700 Posts
Yes, but my point was that the people attacking the base were not doing it to get the weapon back to use against the Kaylon themselves. If that's all they wanted, Isaac and Charly could have just built another weapon. The only reason for the Union fleet to attack the Moclan base was to prevent the weapon from being used to kill all the Kaylons.

·
All About Footwork
29,774 Posts
I'm just glad Charlie is dead. I never liked that character.

Another good question in a long line of good questions: why is someone with apparently unique skills/abilities like Charlie stuck working as an Ensign pilot.

Reactions: ThePennyDropped

·
All About Footwork
29,774 Posts
She was a navigator, not a pilot. Seems like her skills would be useful in that role.
Sure. But she was the only one who could revive Isaac and she was uniquely qualified/able to create the weapon. Navigators should be a dime a dozen in the fleet. They were severely underusing her talents.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts

Another good question in a long line of good questions: why is someone with apparently unique skills/abilities like Charlie stuck working as an Ensign pilot.
Apparently if you are super talented and smart you have to start off as a Navigator, if you recall John Lamarr was also "just a navigator" before he became Chief Engineer.

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
She was a navigator, not a pilot. Seems like her skills would be useful in that role.
As Charly and Issac were the only two who could create the only device to save all life forms, was being on the Orville the right decision, or would it have been better to have them on Earth building additional devices and maybe a handbook 😁

·
Just someone
14,177 Posts
As Charly and Issac were the only two who could create the only device to save all life forms, was being on the Orville the right decision, or would it have been better to have them on Earth building additional devices and maybe a handbook 😁
Technical people don't do documentation. ;)

·
The Question
10,700 Posts
Penny Johnson Jerald, Jessica Szohr and Anne Winters are on Instagram Live right now. Adrianne Palicki is supposed to join as well.
Edit: It's over. They mostly talked about "Domino" (S03E09) and while they didn't give any spoilers about the season finale, they consistently referred to it as the "Season 3 finale" and never as the "series finale".

·
Seasoned gas passer
12,193 Posts
Total disagreement here...she was a fascinating, well-developed character who grew into the person who not only saved Isaac, but sacrificed her life for the very race that destroyed her "family".

Reactions: vertigo235
181 - 200 of 234 Posts