TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
I fully expected Isaac to be gone from the show after he killed himself.
Me too. I rewatched all of S01 and S02 during the last week and I had been thinking to myself that one thing they hadn't taken from TNG is having a main character die. Then Isaac went and killed himself and I thought, well: there they go...

I am a little unclear why they did so many upgrades to the sets/costumes. Even Isaac looks slightly different, which makes no in-universe sense...

Old:

New:

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
I don't think it's a question of whether spaceships could fly like that---with antigravity and whatever they're using for thrusters, I don't see any reason to believe that they couldn't fly any way they wanted. The real thing, IMO, it that they don't need to fly the same way that atmospheric craft do.

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
Maybe [McFarlane is] looking to attract a different audience now that the show has split from Fox. He clearly setup future episodes with a new nemesis.
I don't know. Everything I've read suggests that this will be the last season of the show: both McFarlane and Grimes are working on McFarlane's new show Ted and none of the cast had their contracts renewed.

As for the "new nemesis", it seems that this enemy is located on the far side of Krill space. It doesn't seem like the Union would normally have a lot of interaction with them.

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
Just watched "Mortality Paradox". Seeing as how the alien had just generated a mini-reality involving the Kaylons, I'm surprised that the crew didn't ask for help from their species.

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
OK, I really enjoyed "Twice in a Lifetime"---in particular, the way that Ed and Kelly took the choice away from Gordon as well as the solution to going back to the future...

(though I was a little surprised that the sandwich didn't show up again...what happened to it? it was supposed to arrive 3 months in the future, but the device will take at least 6 months to repair...)

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
Assuming the sandwich DOES show up when they said it would, would the sandwich appear in that same exact point in space, or would it know where the Orville was then ,and magically be where they are in space?
Isn't that what happened when they sent the sandwich back 10 seconds? I assume the ship was moving at the time...

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
Sorry, but this was nothing whatsoever like "The Inner Light". "The Inner Light" did not feature time travel, Picard lived a lifetime in the vision (not just 10 years), it was all in his head and he remembered the experience.

In fact, I can't think of a single thing that the two episodes have in common, besides being on Trek-like shows.

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
I wonder how they decided to make the lights orange on the OG Kaylons. Is that meant to imply that they were already very close to the murderous red light Kaylons?

EDIT: And why did the OG Kaylons have guns in their heads? Didn't anyone see a problem with torturing robots who are displaying independence when said robots could easily shoot their owners?

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
What I didn't understand is how the Moclans knew about Topa's agreement with Heveena...it seems like they kidnapped her only minutes later. If they were keeping so close tabs tabs that they realized that Topa agreed to be a communications conduit, how is it that they didn't know the details of the contact/frequencies?

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
I was just reading a review of this episode and it points out that one possibility for The Orville to continue into S4 is without MacFarlane (and presumably Grimes) as regular cast members (since they have committed to the Ted spinoff series). Instead, Grayson could take command...

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
Not once Charlie died since she apparently was the only person capable of building it along with Isaac and for reasons unknown no one wrote any of that down since it was stated there was no instruction manual.
Yes, but my point was that the people attacking the base were not doing it to get the weapon back to use against the Kaylon themselves. If that's all they wanted, Isaac and Charly could have just built another weapon. The only reason for the Union fleet to attack the Moclan base was to prevent the weapon from being used to kill all the Kaylons.

·
The Question
11,690 Posts
Penny Johnson Jerald, Jessica Szohr and Anne Winters are on Instagram Live right now. Adrianne Palicki is supposed to join as well.
Edit: It's over. They mostly talked about "Domino" (S03E09) and while they didn't give any spoilers about the season finale, they consistently referred to it as the "Season 3 finale" and never as the "series finale".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts