TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
I'm sure many have said this before, I was disappointed that the show wasn't a comedy when it first came out. My favorite unintentional comedy is when the two pilots are doing hairpin maneuvers through mountains/rocks/ships/battle while looking down every second or two to press buttons on their screen.

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
The ship's maneuvers are all the execution of programming automatically reacting to the terrain, the actions of the pursuers, and the progress/achievement of goals set by the pilots, etc.; no continual control is required. The button pressing is to enter additional parameters, variations, adjustments. If I were the writer that's what I would say to you with a straight face.
LOL...and I would laugh at your straight face! :p

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
It's not too far fetched to believe that in their time period they have been able to develop autonomous ships that can maneuver themselves. It's possible that they may also have figured out a way to avoid hitting pedestrians. :p
Except that they have pilots who are, you know, piloting the ship...and the pilot guy with the beard is heralded as a great pilot!

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
This was in an earlier episode, but LaMarr spitting out his teeth and agreeing to break up with (insert name here, I don't remember names) was really well done and very funny.

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
That space battle was soooo long. I started 30 second skipping to get through it.
Didn't we just have a base infiltration episode? I felt like I was watching the same episode.
If the decision were mine, I would've used the weapon to wipe them out. Especially since when we get down to it they are just machines. We wouldn't think twice about bombing gun emplacements or using EMP weapons against a computer. Just because they have a human shape shouldn't make a difference. The terminator had a human shape too.
They are sentient. So they are not just machines. Your view is how their makers saw them and how they justified what they did to them.

Also, clearly, the slavery metaphor is completely lost on you, LOL.

There really was no good reason for Prime to be down on the planet. It’s like sending the President on an away mission. It makes no sense. He could have sent one of his underlings.

Speaking of which, I’m not sure why Teleya was there either. Especially wandering around by herself.
It's no different than the Orville sending out the Captain, first officer, head of engineering, ...etc. (basically their entire command crew) on every mission and leaving an Ensign in charge of the ship. People in that universe are all dumb. :p

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
I'm just glad Charlie is dead. I never liked that character.

Another good question in a long line of good questions: why is someone with apparently unique skills/abilities like Charlie stuck working as an Ensign pilot.

· All About Footwork
29,902 Posts
She was a navigator, not a pilot. Seems like her skills would be useful in that role.
Sure. But she was the only one who could revive Isaac and she was uniquely qualified/able to create the weapon. Navigators should be a dime a dozen in the fleet. They were severely underusing her talents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts